So is anybody talkin............

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
.........about a New Years party yet. I would think a DR1 takeover of some joint on the beach in Cabarete would make for a hell of a memorable way to bring in the New Year. Any thoughts?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
I Agree!

What a great idea! Everybody who wants to invade the CAMDEN's place say 'Aye!' The Aye's have it by a landslide!

OK. Let's all meet at Camden Tom's place (PM XR for directions) starting at about noon-ish on New Year's Eve. No need to BYOB. C.Tom will supply. Be there or be square!

Tom (aka XR)

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not exactly what I meant.

BTW XR, can you believe those Vikes. The great Dante' returns and they crater. And the defense, PU

Last edited:

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
OK, lets try this again

Now a full month has gone by since I started this thread. New Years eve is a lot closer. Certainly there must be some of you folks that are thinking that dining and cocktails on the beach holds a certain amount of appeal. Any thoughts?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Only One ...

... But it was billed as the 'Last' Supper. Several DR1'ers have said that would go on that condition only but it is not clear that it will, in fact, actually be the 'Last' so go figure.

Tom, so you're not paying for the booze? :: smile :: Fine. Well, I will contribute a gallon jug of wine with a metal screw-on cap to the party if that helps?

Tom (aka XR)

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
C'mon Tom.....

.....bite the bullet old chap!!! Like it or not, we'll also pop along and contribute some red water - could start off a grand day??
Think that we're planning a night at La Casita, but have to talk to Pappy first??
Peter & Alex

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Re: OK, lets try this again

Camden Tom said:
Now a full month has gone by since I started this thread. New Years eve is a lot closer. Certainly there must be some of you folks that are thinking that dining and cocktails on the beach holds a certain amount of appeal. Any thoughts?

I'd be up for dining and cocktails on the beach. Where I come from, this is very traditional - people bring their sleeping bags, picnics and so on and usually make a great big bonfire on the beach to see the new year in --- quite a community affair --- Right through to breakfast the next morning.

But then again, I come from that 'uncivilised' place at the end of Africa where community is still a big thing. :)

How many takers for a picnic on the beach?
How many takers for a restaurant on the beach?

I'm happy to do the arrangements.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
YEA Chris

Both ideas sound wonderful. Mary and I would be up for either. We would also be happy to be the initial gathering spot for pre-festivity cocktails. (refreshments included XR and Peter) Chris, what ever plans you come up with, count us in.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Yaaaaaaaaaay!!! Finally, we're talking New Year's Eve. Camden and I have just been emailing about what to do.

Doug and I would love to be on the Cabarete beach with you all. I'd like to eat meal in beachside restaurant, then build bonfire on beach, Chris.

Camden - We could start at your house and everyone bring a bottle of something or snacks, etc. '

I also want to do snow angel in the sand - take pic - and email to friends back home.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Bonfires

Is it legal to build a fire on the beach here?!

What we did in Provo ..... everyone who had a Xmas tree would drag it down to the beach on Old Years Eve and we'd build a huge bonfire out of the trees for our New Years party :cool: Would something like that work here? I'd be all for it.

Stay well,
Amy

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Tom,

Arrange something, I'll be there. My wife, daughter (7) and I will join in the celebrations. Last year, I was in a condo in Sosua hearing all kinds of firecrackers and trying to sleep because I couldn't people to celebrate with. Not planning the same this year.

Eric

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
OK!

Now we're talking ---

Sequence of events:

Start at Tom and Mary's place for some snacks and cocktails (What time is good for you guys?)

Then move to a restaurant to eat something - I'll go and scout out the possibilities - anyone that wants to suggest something, please do so - I know that there are preferences amongst everyone out there (Just Not the Xmas in New York thread again please)

Then we'll move to the beach somewhere (Peter, you may have a good idea of a suitable spot?) and see the New Year in with a bonfire and a few bottles of the bubblies, good friends and goodwill!...

I'm excited - a real family affair - children, dogs and (leave the darn cats at home!)

So, we have to get the makings of a good bonfire a little in advance - everybody bring a bottle of bubbly or two and let's have a ton of fun!

What do you think JanH? A worthy plan for a brand-new year?

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Wonderful Chris - Doug will be very pleased too. We're so excited to see you all again.

I have a 21-yr old son that will be along too!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
bonfire

Found out today that we need permission from the local cops, as well as the association to make a bonfire on the beach anywhere in the vicinity of the restaurants.

How far do you all want to travel for a bonfire?

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
I can see the cop shop.....

.....from my front door. I'll ask them when I get there. If I still have a beach in front of my house, we could do it there. Or we could always head out to Islabon.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Ha ha - well i was thinking the bonfire was more for a little warmth, than aesthetics. I can remember being on the beach at night, with the breeze, and getting a little chilled back in Feb.

But I don't think we should have one if close to anything with thatched roof. That wind could carry the sparks over and whoof! -restaurant gone.

GlowWorm

Nov 18, 2003
Hope you guys don't mind a little company but I would like to join in the celebration. The bonfire sounds great but I don't want Jose O'shays to become Jose Oh'sh*t, so let's stick to something a little more tame like cigarette lighters.

JanH can handle the cold, she has a very nice husband (aka Mr. JanH) to keep her warm.

Chris, if we need to keep warm we can always depend on you to set XR on fire with your rhetoric. Loved the way you two went at it the last time I was with you. IMHO I think you won hands down.

Glow
:beard:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Don?t tell XR I won! He will never forgive me and I?ll have to debate with him for-ever.... Just so that he can say he won! (Which debate was this that you overheard?

Welcome to join us. Would 6 be too early to meet at Tom and Mary?s place?

JanH, your son will be in good company - My daughter will be there as well as two other friends around the same age group.