Boring posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2002
Is this what DR1 has been relegated to? Birthdays, toiletries, nonsense about mundane rhetoric and mental refuse. I guess this what happens when I leave. The whole structure without me falls apart.

Before you tear me apart, I'm just kidding!

On a serious note it appears that my beloved country is having some minor difficulties. Things will balnce themselves in the end.

How is everyone out there? Bring me up to date.

I've been like the architect in the matrix. I've been quietly reading your posts without any input.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
O&C, you should post more. I had enjoyed your posts. Keep posting.

Mar 21, 2002
AZB how is the scene economically, crimewise, etc in your area? Is it really that bad? I was there in September. I didn't see those doomsday predictions to be valid?

It seems alot of people on DR1 - Tony C, CC, Escott and other non-entities on this board have repeated the apocalyptic demise of the DR. They tout their apocryphal version of an economic debacle which will send the DR into the abyss. It's laughable.

Now you AZB I respect your opinion fully because its full of truth.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What would YOU call gasoline at 70 plus pesos a gallon?

"Good News"? Or how about "Apagones" lasting 36 hours? 7 people killed during a National Protest Strike on Tuesday!The peso at 40 to 1 last week! Yes,things are really doing great here! But then how would you know? CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Glad to see you back,your "Economic Predictions" amuse me! CC

Mar 21, 2002
Those deaths are regrettable. With an ever increasing money supply due to a burdgeoning population the pesos' fall is inevitable. The mere fact that DR's population increases year in and year out testifies to the fact that the things are hunkydory in the DR.

There are some inconsistencies- prices, wages, food supply- but overall its business as usual.

BTW hello to all

Hippo does have the midas touch when it comes to getting loans. I figure he'll continue getting easy money as long as the commissions keep rolling in.

Last edited:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Onions&carrots said:
Those deaths are regrettable.
Yes, it's such a bother to have to shoot potential voters. But they vote dead or alive so nothing lost really. Tsk-tsk-tsk. Just that those no-show cops who were pressed into service for the day were really very sloppy marksmen and let the protesters bleed all over their cedulas befor they expired. Now we'll have to spend money cleaning them before they can be presented (posthumously) at the polls in May. Such a mess!

Onions&carrots said:
With an ever increasing money supply due to a burdgeoning population the pesos' fall is inevitable.
Huh? Um. The money supply is increasing because the government prints more of it. Having sex does not create more of the monopoly money they use as currency here. Note to Crisco: You can stop trying to become wealthy that way now. Damn! Me, too.

Onions&carrots said:
The mere fact that DR's population increases year in and year out testifies to the fact that the things are hunkydory in the DR.
Or it testifies to the fact that no one has a job and is working anymore so all that's left to do is have sex. And that no one can afford condoms anymore so all that extra sex is producing more little Hippo voters every year. Yep. All hunky-dory!

:rolleyes:

Tom (aka XR)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
CC pretty much summed it all. If I open my mouth about current economical condition of this country, people will say I am full of Sh*T and only represent my views coming from a person who lives in a depressed city. I can understand if you are the top 1-2% who deals in dollar currency and can write your own ticket but the truth is, the majority of dominicans have had it. The protest was just the peak of the iceburg; if the lights do get shut down on friday and the long blackouts persist for a few weeks then hell will break loose. The small business owners will not be able to sustain these setbacks and will crumble like sand castles. In santiago and (yes) in the north coast as well as in santo domingo, small businesses are hanging by threads. People are not only worried, they are angry now. Now with the deaths of the few unfortunate ones in the riots, people are going to get even more violent in the up-coming huelgas. No one can afford to buy foreign goods at the rate of 38 to 1 (dollar) rate (I am speaking of middle class dominicans). The prices of dried milk for babies has doubled, the prices of Medicine have doubled. The peso is only worth half as much as it did before. Poeple have lost jobs and the salaries have not gone up to match the devaluation. Almost all the doctors have empty offices and if you are a regular lawyer or a dentist, then god help you. There is no money on the street. Plaza Lama has reduced it work force and many sales people who work on commission are hurting bad. No one is buying cars at the current prices. car parts have gone up as well. The chicken cost 110 peso or more in the super market. Even the guy who sells coconut juice is charging more.
I am surprised to see that dominicans have not stepped up in taking matters into their own hands as they did in argentina. Dominicans are very docile folks and will take a beating of a few more rounds before they will strike back.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
AND, Hipolito's comment that the 30 day compliance period imposed on the government was "unacceptable" will only fuel the unrest all the more. That remark was one of the most arrogant issued forth so far by Hipolito and it'll come home and sit in his lap. Spoken like the Dictator he is becoming.

Texas Bill

Mar 21, 2002
I guess on the surface things seemed just fine to me. I was there for the month of July and September. I noticed business as usual. It's probably that knowing human nature people won't divulge their desperate situation. I didn't realize how horrendous it all is. I spent a month in my summer home in Constanza.

Isolated from everything and everyone in the middle of a pine forest, I have a home. Amidst flowing rivers within strawberry patches and cool crisp air I guess I am out of touch with DR realities. It's so beautiful there. It's never hot, smelly and humid like the capital. A capital encased with millions of rotting people living like roaches breathing down each other's backs. No matter if you are wealthy or poor, it reeks of putrifying and festering skunkmeat. Now I know why Hippo has built a mansion somewhere in Jarabacoa.

Mar 21, 2002
Can you guys please let me know who has died? I read somewhere else Johnny Honda died? Also the MommC- is that spelled right- also died? Who else?

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Onions&carrots said:
Can you guys please let me know who has died? I read somewhere else Johnny Honda died? Also the MommC- is that spelled right- also died? Who else?
MommC hasn't died -- unless I missed something? She posted just a week or two ago.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Onions and Carrots

You sure have balls!!!! Here you stay away for months and expect us to bring you up to date on everything. Well, kiss my rear end!!!!

Why dont you go into a section call "Archives" and do some homework.

What really bothers me is that you got nothing to say and make us believe you have not read a single newspaper about DR in months. If you havent, you are not interested in DR at all and should just stay away in you boring town, wether it be "Mao" the capital of bad water and no aqueduct, or perhaps a hick town in the USA.

i am not going to play as your sucker. If you want to find out about DR, all you have to do is go on the net and read our online papers for a week and pretty much you should know what has happened in the last six months. DR is like a soap opera...it repeats itself again and again.

by the way, your big mouth has just gone up in price after the dollar hit $2 for the first time.

TW

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
Although, you are technically correct Golo, be a nice guy and don't bash Henry too hard.

The peso has hit $42 to the U.S. dollar? I wonder is they are raising the prices at Casa de Modeles. I need to find out for my friend.

Mar 21, 2002
Very funny Golo. But you should answer my questions. That's what you are here for. It's your purpose. It's the very menaning of your life. Mao and most of the cibao is too hot. You can't be outdoors too long or you will disintegrate. Constanza is my new hangout.

BTW Golo your posts are too long. I get bored half way thru them. Try to be more concise and less redundant please. You don't need that many words to conceal your simple ideas.

Or are you scared people might see right thru you? Before your blood pressure skyrockets I'm J/K.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2002
Seriously, this goes to everyone. Make your posts shorter and to the point. These long drawn out tedious posts obfuscate anyone wanting to research something. You people go on and on with all that pseudo intellectual junk. Look at Mondongo's and AZB's posts as a guide.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Onions

Dont expect any help from me. You want to be brought up to date.... do your HW.

As for your advice, its up to you wether you want to chat thru a post-type forum or exchange real information. There is a market for everything. I do not bother reading short posts that are nothing more than chat-line-chatter.

Let me give you an example: look at the post about "Hipolito in Univision". At the beginning it was a post about the subject with good analysis, then it turned into a chat line for unrelated stuff. I stopped reading that post after the real subject was dropped.

My style also consolidating various subjects in one post with checkpoints, as opposed to writing many different posts.

TW

Status
Not open for further replies.