direction to get to las terrenas

liquid

Jun 21, 2003
Would anyone be so kind as to tell me what they think is the best way to get from las terrenas from the peurto plata air port? Taxi, bus, cribi tours moto???
And how much I should expect to pay and if it's better to pay in pesos or us dollars...thanks? I'm leaveing sunday!! yahoo!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Liquid, there is a Caribe Tour bus that goes from Puerto Plata and Sosua to Samana daily. You get off in Sanchez, town before Samana, and go rest of the way in the vehicle that meets the buses. But it leaves at 7am from POP and 7:30 from Sosua. If you take it, you would need to stay overnight in either city. If you want to go the same day, you will need to take a taxi, it is much to far for motorcycle. I would suggest you contact your hotel and see if they will send a taxi to pick you up. I think this would be cheaper than taking one of the airport taxis.

liquid

Jun 21, 2003
I just called my hotel

They're saying it's going to cost $100 us to get me from pop to las terrenas...that sounds like a lot...? But then again, I wouldn't know....does anyone else know?

liquid

Jun 21, 2003
maybe I'll stay in pop for the night...could anyone give me the name of a sweet nice not too expensive hotel?

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
your hotel is probably quoting you a taxi, although that seems high. El Caribe bus tours is about $10-15US or less, depending on the xc rate at the time! RE: hotel, it would be better for you to stay in Sosua because that's where the bus leaves from. Plenty of cheap places there to stay but my area is cabarete so someone else will have to recommend a property for you....