Driver in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keely

Nov 12, 2003
My family and I (10 of us all together) are going to be staying in Cabarete during the holidays. We will want to get out and see some of the island but don't want to rent a car. Does anyone know any taxi drivers that, 1) have a van that all 10 of us could fit into), 2) knows enough English that they might be able to play the role of tour guide, and 3) might be available a couple of the days between Christmas and New Years to take my family to places like Playa Grande, Lake Dudu? I'm sure we can line something up once we get there, but I just thought I would see if anyone had any leads for me.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Keely,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

If you really want 11 (your 10 plus a driver) in a van then you might as well hop a guagua (of course then you will only be half full - LOL).

If you want to consider two vans which will be quite comfortable then I will give you the contact info for my friend Martin Espinal; I know he has other drivers who take his overflow and will be glad to help him / you out. I wouldn't ask him to put ten in his van although you probably can squeeze in if you try.

Gregg

Keely

Nov 12, 2003
Gregg,

Martin's number would be great. He doesn't happen to have e-mail does he? Also, how is his English? A few of my family members know some Spanish but we would love to learn a bit about the Dominican as we are driving here and there and our Spanish isn't good enough to actually hold a conversation.

Keely
klcroxton@yahoo.com

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I can give you the name of a driver who would be highly satisfactory. But 10 in a van is not the most comfortable way to sightsee.

I can give you his cel number. His English is excellent and he is very personable. Others on the board have used him and, I'm sure, recommend him.

Keely

Nov 12, 2003
That would be great. I guess with 10 we could do 2 cars, or a van and a car. We'll figure that out, but I would love to have the name and number of someone before we go. In fact, perhaps I'll arrange to have him pick us up at the airport (there will only be 7 of us at that point) - although that will be Christmas day which might not be a popular job!

If you want to send the name and number via e-mail you can send it to klcroxton@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Keely

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Keely, Wilson Guzman has both a van and a sedan. When you contact him, tell him which you want. He is young, very personable, and speaks good English. His cel phone is 1-429-2110. If calling from outside the DR, the area code is 809.

Status
Not open for further replies.