Best Fare

J

James Patterson

Angela,

I checked the discount ticket sites on the internet. They state $829.00 per person on American Airlines. You might try other departing airports in the area. I know that if I drive 40 miles to another city I can save well over a hundred dollars.

T

Tom

Take AA to their Miami hub and book the Miami/Santo Domingo route on another carrier

Tom

L

Lorenzo

Angela - I live in Dallas as well and have to deal with the monopolistic costs that American Airlines deals out for us living here. As you know, there really isn't an alternative airport, but what I have found is by going to travelocity.com, I get alternative carriers. Part of it depends upon how quickly you want to get there. If you are willing to take the time to fly thru Atlanta (via Vanguard) or thru MCI (Kansas City) you can find cheaper flights. This is something I continually check on because I find myself looking for reasonable rates all the time & enjoy going to the DR - it's shameful that it costs so much just to get there. Just so you know, I have checked with Adventure Tours (as well as other tour operators) and all have stopped their excursions as of April 1, 1999. Also, I have found the cheapest flight on AA is $740 - from here to Miami then on to SD. Just so you save yourself time, it does no good to try to go thru San Juan either thru AA or Continental tho both do fly directly there. Start saving your pennies - but have a great time when you get there :)

Larry

A

Angela Rowell

Hello my name is Angela, I would like to know if anyone can tell me the what is the best price available for 5 roundtrip tickets to Santo Domingo from Dallas Texas, leaving on the 5th of July and coming back August 5th. I woud greatly appreaciate it if someone would be of assistance. Thank You

L

Lorenzo

I have to correct myself - just found a $712 RT on AA or TWA

W

Wanda

What airline do you take out of Atlanta to Santo Domingo. We are planning a trip in August from Wichita and could use Vanguard out of KC to Atlanta. Thank you for your help.

J

jim

Get to Miami on something that flies, then go on AEROMAR. They are a freight hauler for 30 years and have been approved to haul passengers. Mothers Day Special (lasts until June 14 or 15) $99.00 round trip Miami/Santo Domingo. Trip has to be completed by that date.. Enjoy..........

J

James Patterson

I think all the $99 tickets are gone. I am on one of Aeromar's flight but the rate is now $164.00. That is still very good. Also be aware that American Airlines has reduced their rates during this period as well to offset Aeromar. AA was at $169 through June 11th.. I think the rate goes up from there. Check it out on one of the discount ticket sites. Email me if you need to know discount ticket sites.

RTP_Man