Thanks, but no thanks

drvuswld

Nov 11, 2003
After researching/observing/corresponding...

we have decided NOT to move to the DR...there's a better place...

Thank you all for your responses, lack of responses and sarcastic responses.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If we have saved just one person/family from having to re-pack boxes to go back "home", then we have done our job.

I'm sure one day you will thank us for the money we have saved you and the invaluable information you have received free of charge from the posters of the Dominican Republics largest and most experienced pool of knowledge, DR1!

The DR is not for everyone, some can hack it, some can't.
Maybe we should have a special stamp "DR1 approved for DR living"?

Enjoy your new journey, wherever it takes you...

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Are you sure you have read all of Criss C's and Larry's positive posts about the DR?

and don't forget AZB, you should scan back to see what he has said over the months, you just might change your mind again.

But to be serious, with the curent economic situation , I could only imagine those who see it as a buying oppertunity and are already commited to going to the DR to go right now, things do not look good now.

-Lee

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Yeah Yeah! Stay Home we are just fine, the less Gringos The Better for (EXPATS) here in the DR specially after elections lol! That means more chicas for Criss and for the rest of us.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Curious

Well, just where have you decided to go? It would be interesting to see what you preferred over our place. Really. And I promise I won't yell and scream if I disagree with you...

HB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Argentina, cool!

Sounds like paradise :)

"Remote, inhospitable, extreme... Antarcticais the coldest, driest and windiest continent on Earth. Its 14 million square kilometers are covered with ice all year long."

Rob.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Tiera del Fuego?

This has to be a joke, right? Talk about going to the extremes! That wasted tip of nowhere makes Fairbanks look like a vactioners paradise!

LOL.

Tom (aka XR)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Robert said:
Argentina, cool!

Sounds like paradise :)

"Remote, inhospitable, extreme... Antarcticais the coldest, driest and windiest continent on Earth. Its 14 million square kilometers are covered with ice all year long."

Yeah, Rob, but the expats living there answer all her messages immediately, don't expect newcomers to check the voluminus archives, and are properly respectful (i.e. no sarcasm).

Probably a Master Electrician is badly needed there, too.

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
Argentina in general might be a good choice.

It's cheap right now, in fact The Economist rated it in the bottom 5 worldwide. It regularly goes through about a 15 year cycle though in which it alternates between the top and bottom expensewise.

Investments and roots there now are likely to be worth a lot more soon.

It has infrastructure, too.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I Was Wrong, Dagnabbit!

Ken said:
Yeah, Rob, but the expats living there answer all her messages immediately, don't expect newcomers to check the voluminus archives, and are properly respectful (i.e. no sarcasm).

Probably a Master Electrician is badly needed there, too.

I guessed Haiti, the Congo ( the nutty one) and North Korea.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
andy a said:
Argentina in general might be a good choice. It has infrastructure, too.
Andy, please. Argentina, maybe. But Tiera del Fuego makes Samana look like Manhatten Island!

Tom (aka XR)

pasha

Sep 4, 2003
And my guess...

was Panama. It, the DR and Argentina [Buenos Aires at least] are high on my list of considerations.

P