I Hate This!!!!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
We all know that there are people on this planet that tell things how it is and then there are others that go way out of proportion. Here is what a Connecticut Resident wrote on the America Online (Internet in USA) suggested to a person wanting more info. on Casa de Campo. Warning: This is they type of people that makes anyone want to shred to peaces!!!

"Do not go!
I went golfing in Casa De Campo 2 days, dilapidated condos, garbage hiding in every corner, incomplete construction, no beaches that are convienient, not as luxurious as you may think. Only the multi million dollar homes, gated and on the water compare to my home here in CT.

The all inclusive resorts are substandard, cockroaches, mosquitos, old, not maintained well.

I stayed at Viva resorts, but toured through, Iberostar, Coral Hilton, Casa del mar..and they all look the same, oldun down, dirty..

there are so many beautiful islands in the world to go to, white sand, clean waters..

why the dominican Republic?

I will never return, poverty everywhere..
we got severe infections of our ears, got sick to our stomachs, the food was inedible..

nothing to see but naked children living in make shift huts , swimming in gutters full of rain water...

we were robbed of out visors and caps while at a stop light in La Romana near casa De campo...

I am serious..

I have been all over the caribbean, and I have never seen such a sad sight..

we also drove for a few hours torwards santo domingo and did not see one civilized tow, no middle class... meat hanging on storfront clothes lines in the streets, men hanging chickens from their hands in streets...
almost like tribal people in some remote place in the amazon...

Barb"

Can anyone please tell me why God has made such obnoxious people!!!!! Dominican as tribal people? That is so low!!! Agree?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I always do when people write bolony like that. I can't let people degrade the Dominican culture just because they had a bad experience.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Good for you. Is there a link you can give us in case anyone else wants to write a rebuttal?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Didn't we have a Barb (swinger) from Connecticut on DR1 a few weeks ago?

Nah, can't be....

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Unfortunately, there is not link to it, or at least I coudn't find one. It must be an America Online (AOL) subscribers only travel board. But if anyone out there have AOL, click on the Travel Channel, Search Dominican Republic, Click "Opinions of other travelers", click message boards, then caribbean, then dominican republic and there you are. Then search for the subject Casa de Campo or Secrets. There you will see that no good post.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
actually, go to www.aol.com and click on travel and follow the steps from above. I don't know if it will work for non AOL members, but hey, give it a try. We can't let people degrade Dominicana in such a way.

sable227

Aug 11, 2003
Hmmmm. Look I don't care what anyone does or does not do in their spare time. Actually I was laughing at the posts you guys were posting about what you all did in previous lives.

What I do object to is when someone comes down here for a vacation and then goes home and trashes the place. I especially objected to the "tribal" comment. It was out of line. I would think that someone who has traveled as much as she claims would have seen poverty before. It is here, in the US, and yes even in CT.
BUt that gives no one the right to make a remark like that. It was way over the top.

Last edited: