What's up with Codotel?

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Hi, does anyone know what is going on with codotel and its lines? I've been trying to call a friend of mine since Saturday (His home, his cell, his brother's cell) and all I keep getting is " Este numero no esta disponible" At first I thought it was the cell phone, but I know that he tried calling this morning. Everytime I would answer, the call would be cut off. He tried about five times. He's in the country with his parents (la Isabela) does anyone know if the communications over there are down or what?
Any info would be appreciated.
Minni

Lissy

Nov 12, 2003
I'm not sure if the lines are down now or not but it has happen to me in the past trying to call my b-inlaw sometimes the satellite goes down therefor service is out. If you have tried various different numbers all on Codotel and received the same "error message" then I'm sure that is what's going on.

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
That's what I thought was going on, I can usually get through but lately it has been rediculous. Not to even mention the reception. I think I spend more time saying "hola, me esquchas" than having an actual conversation.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I have no idea if this makes any sense scientifically, but if you dial the number a bit more slowly sometimes you get better results. If you're using speed dialling or you just know the number real well and are fairly nimble with you fingers then sometimes I think the machines get outpaced.

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Tried that too. Sometimes I dial fast, can't say that I don't, but when I can't get through I go really slow, sometomes I think I even dialed the wrong number. But no such luck, just can't get through.