tourist fees

beano

Oct 29, 2003
So, it's $10US on the way in, and $20US on the way out? Where do we hide the money so we don't spend it...

Moniki

Oct 6, 2003
We never had to pay anything on the way out. Just paid the US$10.00 for the tourist card to get into the country.

Did you loose the tourist card on the way out?? Excess luggage??

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The departure tax is sometimes included in the airline ticket. From personal experience... American Airlines included it in the ticket of my mom, who recently flew to Dallas, and Air Europa did not include it in a ticket to Madrid. Apparently it is up to the airline. You will find out when you get to the check in counter.

beano

Oct 29, 2003
Well, to answer my own question I called United and they said I was responsible for all entry/departure taxes. So, I guess that's $30. I don't remember, but I guess I have flown with AA the other trips down to the DR. That kind of stinks! Well, maybe at least they will keep the lights on when we're there. thanks.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Please note that the airlines that factor the taxes into the airline ticket price do not give you anything free. You pay the same taxes.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
United?

beano said:
Well, to answer my own question I called United and they said I was responsible for all entry/departure taxes. So, I guess that's $30. I don't remember, but I guess I have flown with AA the other trips down to the DR. That kind of stinks! Well, maybe at least they will keep the lights on when we're there. thanks.

United don't fly to the DR. What actual carrier is it? (If it is United from where and when?)

I think most if not all US airlines have the departure taxes in the ticket. Not the tourist card, you get that in person on arrival.

beano

Oct 29, 2003
Sorry, you're right. It's US Airways. So, do I need to save $30 for entry/departure. I'm all confused now. thanks