Looking for a fine woodworker

Miko

May 23, 2003
We have been running into problems with our current woodworker. Any of you guys have a good one to refer to us (and if the guy understands a bit a english, would be a bonus). We have plenty of work for him.
:cool:

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Its a big Island.....

Where are you? ( Pto.Pta. Moca, Barahona.)

Gringo

Last edited:

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
Maybe you should also define what you mean by a "fine" woodworker. Are you looking for someone who does general woodworking for cheap that most people think looks good? Are you looking for someone who truly does fine work that is "world class"? Or something in between?

Miko

May 23, 2003
We are in Cabarete. Type of work is for kitchen cabinets, some other type of furniture. Most of the pieces had made up to now is in mahogany, and want a guy that knows is stuff (I used to make furniture thrue university, so I am bit critical on construction, not looking for slap together stuff). We have a few new homeowners that also require things to be made.

Coastal

Jul 14, 2003
Miko do you know of Philip?

The Belgian guy that has a shop near Cabarete? He does good work and you could go by his shop to see if you like his stuff. If interested, email me at coastal@codetel.net.do or call at 571-2422 and I'll get his phone numbers.

Gregory

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Photos appear to be

working fine for me, at least at this time.

Nice work.

Do you ship to Canada (LOL)?

Good luck Stephen.

Gregg

P. S. - Loved your farm pics too - why not link the sites?

pasha

Sep 4, 2003
First two.....

pages OK, but last two [shop/unique gifts] generate error message from Yahoo. Seems you've exceeded your authorized space allocation. Maybe reduce pic sizes?

Best, P

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
I will spend somet more time working on the site this evening and will try to get more info up on the site. I wrote the whole site last night after a hard days work at the farm so I didnt get everything I wanted done.

In the meantime please send me questions via email at shadley000@codetel.net.do as I dont want to abuse Roberts hospitality any longer

Miko

May 23, 2003
piece of the action

Hey SJH,
Bet you you did not expect this much attention when you responded to my thread.
Uhmmm. maybee I should get a fee as agent;) hehehe
Miko
PS. I did have a look, and you seem to do very good work. Nice tight joints and inlay. My manager Maria was thinking of going over to see you in Cabrera to have a better look at your furniture. Will postpone until I get a drawing together of that first piece.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
If you are looking for place to advertise, this is the place to do it.

Judging from the instant responses I got from a single posting on this board any money spent on ads here would be well spent.

Loro1

Feb 23, 2003
Amazing Work

My brother-in-law has a shop across from JE Commercial on Gregorio de Laura in Puerto Plata, just down from the hospital...It is behind the houses on the street...He really knows his stuff and he is a very hard worker...He made a bedroom set for a senator out of raw mahogany...His name is Carraman...He does not speak much English but there are people that live around there that do...He can be reach at 261-2638...

Hope this helps...

Laurel :)