Santo Domingo driver

paulpell

Sep 23, 2003
My wife and I will be in Santo Domingo from 12/8 thru 12/10. Anybody know of a good driver we could get for a couple of days who has a grasp of the English language? We will be staying in Boca Chica and would like to see some of Santo Domingo while we are there.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
paulpell said:
My wife and I will be in Santo Domingo from 12/8 thru 12/10. Anybody know of a good driver we could get for a couple of days who has a grasp of the English language? We will be staying in Boca Chica and would like to see some of Santo Domingo while we are there.

Jose. 809-327-1707 is a licenced Boca Chica driver with a proper camionata (van) with a Taxi Turistico sign on the door ( so he parks at cab stands in the capital and thus you are always steps away from what you want to see) with A/C in the van. He has decent English and knows the capital OK.

He works for the taxi union, but will be happy to haggle on price but stick to your guns, you can do much better than the $50 US for a round trip to the capital with 3 hours waiting time. I've hired him and also one of his mates (Spanish only though, a much smoother driver, truly unflappable) for 12 hours for $80. Which sounds like a lot for the DR but gas is not cheap and try paying $6.50 an hour in the US for car and driver.

Best to call him, have him come to you and haggle with him out of earshot of the "dispatcher".

Last edited: