how much are MANAGEMENT FEES per mth

mrmagic

Nov 25, 2003
hi
Im considering buying property /land in DR.My goal is to purchase something but i want to keep the mthly outgoings down. Regarding management fees; ive heard that $50 is typical some upto $150p/mth. The area im interested in is sosua/cabarete etc

could you quote what management fees i might be asked to pay on the following
small 1 bedroom in a gated community

home in a gated community
thanks

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Management fees vary depending on what is offered. It is difficult to give a range. Have heard of management costs from RD$1,500-RD$10,000 for apartments in Santo Domingo.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
are you talking about RENTAL management fees?

gated communities/condos also have monthy association fees.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
These are maintenance fees, regardless of whether the property is a rental or occupied by the owner. These fees cover matters such as security, building employees, power plant operation, internal propane gas, water consumption, common area power consumption...

I do not have any experience with gated community single home residential fees.

The point is that there is no standard fee that applies. It depends on what the community agrees on and the services offered.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Yes, I know. We own a home in a gated community near Sosua.

The association/maintenance fees are separate from rental management fees. Just trying to get a feel on what she was really asking.

mrmagic

Nov 25, 2003
maintanance

hi. I was really refering to what it would cost for security etc.I thought that was the 'maintanance costs', but i guess its part of the 'association costs'. Infact this is what i want to know. What costs do you think id pay to live in a simple gated community centre and know that at least theres a dude with a gun protecting my property...!!!! In this inquiry im not refering to management by a real estate agent
thanks for your help

mrmagic

Nov 25, 2003
can you suggest a safe area for me to concentrate my real estate search upon. Id prefer not to pay gated community fees ect. I just want a peice of land up to 16k us$. Nth coast is fine up to an hour from the airport, and 10minutes from beach/tourist areas. south coast will be a consideration too. I travel a lot and would really prefer an area that i could lock up and leave/ return and everything is as i left it. I understand crime happens but i dont want to place myself within an envirment that is entrenched with crime...im sure you know what i mean

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
We looked at several neighborhoods before buying. I'll PM you the fees we were quoted and what ours is.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Lomas Mironas where I own property across from Sea Horse Ranch between Sosua and Cabarete has a 150 a month on a home and 25 a month on a lot undeveloped. That includes Cable, lights, security, tennis, paved roads and underground electric.

Scott