Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Living in the DR

Hi guys, im new to this site but wondered if anyone can help me. Im moving out to DR next year and have been looking at a place to stay in plaza turisol. Does anyone have any info about plaza turisol and what its like to live there?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been discussed a lot on this board. Go to search section and do a search for Plaza Turisol.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default You will be the first....

Gringo that is or even Dominican for that matter to live in Plaza Turisol, My Lawyer Argentina Brugal ( As in Rum Family) has her office in that plaza along with many Tour operators.

I would recommend a nice apartment or house rather then living in a mall, However perhaps you have in mind to run your Business in the front and live in the loft upstairs....

Good luck

Gringo

Post Thanks / Like

Oops what an idiot, sorry i meant around the plaza turisol area!! God, how embarrassing!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo
    Gringo that is or even Dominican for that matter to live in Plaza Turisol, My Lawyer Argentina Brugal ( As in Rum Family) has her office in that plaza along with many Tour operators.

I would recommend a nice apartment or house rather then living in a mall, However perhaps you have in mind to run your Business in the front and live in the loft upstairs....

Good luck

Gringo
    hi
    hope you can help
    id like to get hold of argentinas email address, if you can help id appreciate it
    thanks

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't be embarrased, please

Quote Originally Posted by Jo.G
    Oops what an idiot, sorry i meant around the plaza turisol area!! God, how embarrassing!!!
    I think those of us who live here assumed that is what you meant. The area is near the main road, so good for getting public transport, but if your place is very near the road, you will of course get motorconcho & traffic noise. In that area, I would check if you are at the bottom of an incline. Rain can be torrential here, & it washes all sorts down the streets with it, so being at the bottom is not good news. Power supply should be no worse than anywhere else in the area. There are local colmados, corner stores, but it is a bus ride to nearest supermarkets & the centre of town. Hope this helps.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Living in DR

You are not giving enough information for this property. One important matter is your budget. Then the expectation and necessities you have for this apartment. If you want you can contact me at [email protected] and I will possible have something that will suit your needs. Also my telephone # is (809) 545-9121
    Amilda

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amilda/Expat
    You are not giving enough information for this property. One important matter is your budget. Then the expectation and necessities you have for this apartment. If you want you can contact me at [email protected] and I will possible have something that will suit your needs. Also my telephone # is (809) 545-9121
    Amilda
    Amilda
    I think you will find that the lady concerned was asking about an AREA, not the property itself. Not to worry though, we on the North Coast realised what was being asked & have advised her about the area near Plaza Turisol on the outskirts of Puerto Plata!

Does Betancourt have representitives up here on the north coast now by the way & what properties do you have for rent up here? I have many incoming visitors each month that are looking for rental properties up here & I would like to help them out if possible. - Grahame.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to live in the area of Plaza Tourisol my first year in the DR. I found it quite nice actually, very "middle class" , guaguas easily accessible, great neighbours and generally a great place to live.
    What exactly do you want to know about the area?
    Marlie

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My mistake

Sorry I was confused, for some reason I was thinking about an area here in Santo Domingo.
    I only work with Santo Domingo, La Romana, and I have a person who works for me in the area of Santiago.
    I have a lot of properties ranging from US $900.00 or equivalent in pesos up to US $6,000.00. Everything with generators and with the best qualities you could find in town, for foreignersí transferring to these areas in Dominican Republic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast