Living in the DR

Jo.G

Nov 26, 2003
Hi guys, im new to this site but wondered if anyone can help me. Im moving out to DR next year and have been looking at a place to stay in plaza turisol. Does anyone have any info about plaza turisol and what its like to live there?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
It has been discussed a lot on this board. Go to search section and do a search for Plaza Turisol.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
You will be the first....

Gringo that is or even Dominican for that matter to live in Plaza Turisol, My Lawyer Argentina Brugal ( As in Rum Family) has her office in that plaza along with many Tour operators.

I would recommend a nice apartment or house rather then living in a mall, However perhaps you have in mind to run your Business in the front and live in the loft upstairs....

Good luck

Gringo

Jo.G

Nov 26, 2003
Oops what an idiot, sorry i meant around the plaza turisol area!! God, how embarrassing!!! :confused:

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
Gringo said:
Gringo that is or even Dominican for that matter to live in Plaza Turisol, My Lawyer Argentina Brugal ( As in Rum Family) has her office in that plaza along with many Tour operators.

I would recommend a nice apartment or house rather then living in a mall, However perhaps you have in mind to run your Business in the front and live in the loft upstairs....

Good luck

Gringo

hi
hope you can help
id like to get hold of argentinas email address, if you can help id appreciate it
thanks

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Don't be embarrased, please

Jo.G said:
Oops what an idiot, sorry i meant around the plaza turisol area!! God, how embarrassing!!! :confused:
I think those of us who live here assumed that is what you meant. The area is near the main road, so good for getting public transport, but if your place is very near the road, you will of course get motorconcho & traffic noise. In that area, I would check if you are at the bottom of an incline. Rain can be torrential here, & it washes all sorts down the streets with it, so being at the bottom is not good news. Power supply should be no worse than anywhere else in the area. There are local colmados, corner stores, but it is a bus ride to nearest supermarkets & the centre of town. Hope this helps.

Amilda/Expat

Jan 22, 2002
Living in DR

You are not giving enough information for this property. One important matter is your budget. Then the expectation and necessities you have for this apartment. If you want you can contact me at e.betancourt@codetel.net.do and I will possible have something that will suit your needs. Also my telephone # is (809) 545-9121
Amilda

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Amilda/Expat said:
You are not giving enough information for this property. One important matter is your budget. Then the expectation and necessities you have for this apartment. If you want you can contact me at e.betancourt@codetel.net.do and I will possible have something that will suit your needs. Also my telephone # is (809) 545-9121
Amilda

Amilda
I think you will find that the lady concerned was asking about an AREA, not the property itself. Not to worry though, we on the North Coast realised what was being asked & have advised her about the area near Plaza Turisol on the outskirts of Puerto Plata!

Does Betancourt have representitives up here on the north coast now by the way & what properties do you have for rent up here? I have many incoming visitors each month that are looking for rental properties up here & I would like to help them out if possible. - Grahame.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I used to live in the area of Plaza Tourisol my first year in the DR. I found it quite nice actually, very "middle class" , guaguas easily accessible, great neighbours and generally a great place to live.
What exactly do you want to know about the area?
Marlie

Amilda/Expat

Jan 22, 2002
My mistake

Sorry I was confused, for some reason I was thinking about an area here in Santo Domingo.
I only work with Santo Domingo, La Romana, and I have a person who works for me in the area of Santiago.
I have a lot of properties ranging from US $900.00 or equivalent in pesos up to US $6,000.00. Everything with generators and with the best qualities you could find in town, for foreigners? transferring to these areas in Dominican Republic.

Jennymiga

Feb 5, 2004
your properties

Amilda/Expat said:
Sorry I was confused, for some reason I was thinking about an area here in Santo Domingo.
I only work with Santo Domingo, La Romana, and I have a person who works for me in the area of Santiago.
I have a lot of properties ranging from US $900.00 or equivalent in pesos up to US $6,000.00. Everything with generators and with the best qualities you could find in town, for foreigners? transferring to these areas in Dominican Republic.

The price that you have listed of US $900 to US $6,000 is to BUY or to RENT? I think it must be to buy?

Mark1

Mar 17, 2004
Lambada said:
Nice try Jenny! If Amilda is running a relocation business, then I suspect these will be rentals.

$6000 ? geez must be really a nice place, you can rent a first class villa high season in Saint Tropez (France) or in Capri (Italy) with that amount of money. :)