In numbers we trust!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Just checked to see how the board was holding up.

151 users online (36 members & 115 guests).

This gives you an idea of the amount of lurkers we have :)

As I recall, the most I have seen using the board at anyone time is 226. Plus lots of "search" calls, so people are doing their homework.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I have a question about these numbers. I am logged on at my home, at my mom's house (where I stayed for 3 months) and at my work. I never log out (watch out, now Escott will be posing as me.) So...does that count as three?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
MaineGirl said:
I have a question about these numbers. I am logged on at my home, at my mom's house (where I stayed for 3 months) and at my work. I never log out (watch out, now Escott will be posing as me.) So...does that count as three?

It counts users. So if one user is logged in at 20 different places, it's still 1 user.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
May I invite all the "Lurkers" to join up!

Process is so simple,even I was able to handle it!

Everyone is always welcome!
There are no "Dumb" questions! (Well ALMOST nome!)

Just look at what is going to take place tomorrow in Sosua.

About 100 "Dr1ers" from all over the World will meet for a "Thanksgiving Meal"

These are "Good People"! Our last "Dinner" in Sosua was a fantastic time.

Please go sign up now!
Maybe you will be in Sosua for the "Semana Santa",Easter dinner! Maybe it will be a get together in the DC area(Pictures now in the Media Gallery) or New York,or Toronto,or even London!

We give eachother a "Hard Time"once in a while,but then what are "Families" for!!!
You can also see that we support each other during the times of tragedy!
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Last edited:

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
I would agree with Cris to invite the lurkers to log on. I have met many of the posters in person, and they are not really scary. (Well, I have not yet met CC). We have gotten a lot of encouragement and info from the "regulars", but we have also made many friends.

Down to 150 online. I have a hungry kid and no maid.

Mainer

Festero

Dec 15, 2002
Might as well de-lurk...

Well... don't quite know why it took me so long... must have been the "invitation!" This section seems as good as any... so let's get at it.

DR1 has been my "DR fix" for about a year and a half when I'm dreaming of the DR. No ass-kissing intended, but what a lively group!

I live in New Hampshire (USA) and have been visiting Puerto Plata for 19 years now.

These days it's just an annual visit, but about 14 years ago I spent almost a year living there, in Cofresi. When I moved down there my goals were to learn as much as I could about the people and the country, and to learn Spanish. I managed to do a little of all three... but of course perfected none. Some really great friends and adventures ... writing about those is best saved for another time.

When I found DR1 I was really happy to see some "real" chat on life in the DR as opposed to the typical tourist information sites I had found. Last year I even accepted an open invitation in a post from Grahame welcoming golfers to his home course at Playa Dorada. Had a great round with Grahame and two visiting friends of his from Canada. Who knows... he might even let me join in another round this year? (hint) He might might like his pipe, but only cigars for me.

These days here in NH I'm just lining up ideas for things to do when I'm back in March for 12 days. Another trip to Monte Cristi perhaps? When I was there the first time I rode my motorcycle through a chilling rain storm all the way from POP. I had never been so hypothermic in my life! The idea of getting hypothermia in the DR, yet never here in the cold North still seems weird to me. These days I rent a car.

Enough day dreaming...

Anyway, thanks to all the DR1 regulars for "keeping it real!"

I now officially de-lurk, throwing the stats way off.

Dave

principe

Nov 19, 2002
over 100

over 100 dr1ers in sosua wow that sounds like many we're lucky if 20 go to the nyc meeting on the 12th

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
It's home for now

If it wasn't for DR1, my current life of learning would not be possible. I never would have mad it (to) here, or been able to make it here.

I'd be stuck spinning my wheels in Boston, taking the 504 to Copley Square (or riding my bike on the Charles - I do miss that!) to listen to some button-up tell me what his professors at Harvard told him to do. Pathetic.

I want to be ME when I grow up!

Last edited: