Moving to Rio San Juan

Un-F00Li5H

Nov 28, 2003
Hi, this i smy first time working this thing, so it mighte be a little messed up. Anyways, I live in Ontario Canada now, and I really want to move to Rio San Juan, Purto Plata. I would really like some advise on jobs and living comditions there. Please any information what soever would be useful.
Thanks a lot!

SONIA

Sep 3, 2003
RIO SAN JUAN

You have to go there before.
Rio san juan is a small city, i know the place very well and a lot's off people there. It's difficult to find a job ... good luck ! i'm also mooving there in max 6 or 8 months.

good luck !!!

sonia

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
Rio San Juan

RSJ is a nice place to live but it is not easy to make a living in the small town. Many locals find jobs through family and friends in the local restaurants, stores, banks etc. Many times it is who you know more often THAN what you know.

Can you speak Spanish? That would be essential to finding employment and even then it may not be working in the town of RSJ. You most likely will work in Caberate or Sosua even in Puerto Plata, if you are lucky and have some skills to offer.

A friend of mine, a Canadian living in RSJ with her Dominican husband, just landed a job and she has been living there for the past year! She will be working in Sosua and Caberate with a travel company from Canada. $8000 pesos/month plus commission and use of a car.

All this to say that finding a job in RSJ is difficult and may take quite some time. Do you have the money to cover the waiting period??

Rosanie

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Buy some beach chairs and rent them half price at Playa Grande. This may be the only to make a living around there, that is not starve to death!

It is a nice area though.

Good luck from Ottawa, Ontario.

ecarignan

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Hola Un-F00Li5H!!!!!

DR1 has---
Members: 5,045, Threads: 25,943, Posts: 165,163

Do your homework (Search, Search, and Search again!)
Ask your questions.
And Good Luck!

By the way---
Welcome to DR1!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Try the link below.

Popular Post's / Past Sticky's. Required reading for Newbies!!!

With topics like,
MEDICAL / MONEY / ADVICE
MOVING TO THE DR
* WORKING IN THE DR / AND WORK RESOURCES.*

Thanks
Tim H.:cool:

Help, and be Helped.
That?s why were here!!!

Last edited: