Access to Cuba?

Harpua

Nov 29, 2003
I will be in DR in mid-January. I am considering visiting Havana for a couple of days.

What are my options for traveling to Cuba (including costs & travel times)? Are there restrictions if I am a U.S. resident?

Thanks in advance!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Harpua said:
I will be in DR in mid-January. I am considering visiting Havana for a couple of days.

What are my options for traveling to Cuba (including costs & travel times)? Are there restrictions if I am a U.S. resident?

Thanks in advance!

Cubana flies several times a week to Havana for a not totally outrageous price. I believe the flight is about 90 minutes, it is not too far.

The Cubans and Dominicans could care less you are American. The Americans will fine you US$7500 if they catch you.

Tip: In Spanish tell the Cuban immigration agent of whom you will only see the top of his head, NOT to stamp your passport. They have teeny-tiny stamps but one is enough to fry you with the INS/Customs when you go to the USA if they want to make an example of you.

And there are awfully close relations with the DR government and I think it would not be out of the question that the US monitors who arrives in SDQ from Havana as to their passport.

If you were Canadian or in fact any other nationallity you'd be cruisin' though.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Read the post above yours

santobonao said:
can a american can travel from dr to cuba.

I just finished saying that and the risks they face.

There's a flight so you can get there, there's Cuba who don't give a Sh*t who arrives and there is the risk that Americans face as to what the US Government will do if they find out. Dubya is apparently cracking down.