To Chris, Hill Billy & Mr. Mike re: Dominican ................

prettyhands

Nov 30, 2003
Chris you stated......

"Yes, some of us have opinions. Hillbilly's 'opinions' are kinda based on facts around here. So, most of us would consider his opinions very very carefully - if he is kind enough to give his opinion and his time. We consider it of great benefit."

TO Chris, HB, Mr. Mike,
The facts that HB are stating are facts all over the world in any country!!! The mistake that's made is that he is referring to them as "Dominican" resort workers.....as opposed to.........resort worker's!! do you think that resort workers don't do this in Spain, or in St. Martin?? I live in the US and people are stereo-typed every day!! ANd the only thing that HB is doing is adding to the sickness, Yes it may be your country, but you have to stop insulting your own. You are not born or bred that way, you don't ask to be born where you are born or be of the race that you are.

I don't know if you are aware of the expression "It's not what you say....... it's how you say it" well in this case it's how it's being phrased. You really are making it worse by referring to them as "Dominican" resort workers as opposed to Resort workers!! People come to the DR feeling that they are Superior, but you are giving them reason to think so even more when you Phrase it as such!!

I don't doubt that HB's original intent was good, but, You are only adding to the poison when you phrase it as such. It is a very sensitve issue.

You may not like what I am saying, just as you tell me.........Please be wise............ with your words!!!

sincerely,
Pretty hands

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I think this was intended as a response to a post in another thread, as so often happens, and the Chris in question is no other than CC, as so often happens.

Which thread is anyone's guess...

Chiri