need advise and help.

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
I need some advise .
In the eight years I live here this situation has never arisen before. Always had good and pleasant neighbors .
now however this is changing.

Gunter Kreissler the old or new boyfriend of Inna an employee of century 21 who Escott still believes did not buy this property close to mine is renovating his property .
In that process his workers have ripped out my codetel line and I had no service for 5 days. Then his workers blew up the high voltage fuse on my electricity line.
And I had no power . My inverter carried me through 1 day then I had to run my planta for the entire night.
Repairs and fuel 1.100 pesos. Not big enough to involve a laywer.
When I tried to explain to him that he was responsible for his workers he denied any responsibility. We are in the DR he said . There were a couple of mishaps , that was normal, and not his problems.
At times he is restricting my access to my property. While there is ample parking every where he finds it easier to park on my road.
He ruined the access road to the property did not like the mud for his trucks so he filled them with big rocks.
So in general he is a bully , he thinks he can do what he likes
and does so without any regard for his neighbors.

How can I enforce my rights , make him pay for my losses. and make him behave civilly and stop affecting my quality of life. ??

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
How can I enforce my rights , make him pay for my losses. and make him behave civilly and stop affecting my quality of life. ??

Paul, Forget all of the above and simply SHOOT HIM!! that will solve this, and eliminate any future problems!
John:cool:

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Welcome to the libertarians paradise!

No, there's probably not much you can do, aside from appealing to his good nature to stop.

Or move.

RD $1100 is not really worth getting that upset about. US $30? I lost that to Vimenca just a day or so ago. You're writing from a computer, right? So you have some money.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Paul, is this thread more about posting your story in the hope that he reacts or about wanting help?

Why did you mention Scott or that he is a boyfriend of Inna? What the hell does it have to so with either of them?

I really don't like these types of posts and DR1 being used as a forum for vendettas.

The bottom line, posts like this cost you a lot more than US$30, you just don't realize it yet.

How long have you lived in the DR?

I will leave this one up in the hope that others learn and it reminds them to engage brain before hitting the "Submit" button.

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
i was hoping for advise , Surely not a reaction from the neighbor from hell as I doubt he follows this forum or that he can even read or write.
In the states I would have called the police and the problem would have been solved.
Here I dont know.
Thats why I posted.
I PMed you re your other remarks.
It not so much the money as the huge inconvienence of loosing your internet connection for so long or the loss of power.

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
So what to DO!!!!!!!!!

I'M not familar with your property etc..but. when all else fails.. eye for an eye Tooth for etc. etc... so how can you make life a little dificult for him... without it looking like it came from you....Worth a loss of nights sleep to perfect something......I cant stand overbearing and bully type persons myself......Only thing these people understand is someone fighting back.......OR. roll over and forget about it.... I wouldnt worry about the money....Think of a way to cost him a little more... Remember... Revenge is SWEET.!!!!!!!!!!!..Cheers. M.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
What sort of help were you expecting to get in the Living section? Was there some reason not to post in the Legal section so that you could get input from Fabio Guzman?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I don't want to start a war as to the rights & wrongs of posting this form of request for help, but I CAN see some reason for it. We have ALL (well, those who have lived here for a couple of years or so) come across situations that aggravate us & we generaly find a way round those problems - Paul was possibly asking if anyone had come across such a problem & how did they overcome it!!

To put some constructive thoughts in front of you Paul :-
Isn't it time for your car to break down in the middle of the access road?? So sorry for the inconvenience but you can't move it, the mechanic is out of town!!
If the access road is truly 'Owned' by you & you are not expecting other visitors, some strategically placed 6 inch nails will cause a bit of problem for the tires of your neighbour & his workers!! (Make sure you remember where you put them though!!!).
Hire some Haitian workers for the day (or two) to dig up your part of the road & get them to fill in or board over the trench when YOU want to pass!! "Terribly sorry. Putting in new wiring supply to the house!!! Shouldn't last more than the time it takes for you to be reasonable Gunter!!"

Have fun with your battle - Grahame.