Midnight Mass-Christmas Eve

shopgirl

Nov 13, 2003
Hello,

I am going to be arriving in Sosua on Christmas Eve. I would like to go to midnight mass. I have heard that the Cathedral by the Park has a midnight mass.
Has anyone been there? Where is the cathedral located?
Any information will be helpful!

Thanks!

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Christmas Mass

Hi,

The Cathedral is in Puerto Plata, which is at least twenty five minutes away from Sos?a by car. It is on Calle Jos? del Carmen Ariza, next to the Central Park.

I can check tomorrow if there is a Mass - I am certain there will be, but not the exact time.

Alternatively, The Parish of San Antonio de Padua is in Los Charamicos (a section of Sos?a). They will have a Mass on Christmas Eve at 11 PM. The pastor speaks English and I am certain about that Mass because I just talked to him by telephone.

There is also a parish, Our Lady of Guadalupe, in Cabarete. I am not certain if they will have a Midnight Mass.

If you want the information about the Cathedral, I will check tomorrow.

shopgirl

Nov 13, 2003
thanks so much! any info that you can find out would help us out.
your kindness is appreciated.
happy holidays to you.

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
Cathedral Mass

There is a Christmas Midnight Mass at the Cathedral of San Felipe in Puerto Plata. I checked today, and it IS at midnight.

If you go, make sure to check out the Nativity Scene too. They are a VERY big thing here and hours are spent setting them up.

LP

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
They have a beautiful midnight mass right in the Catholic Church in Sosua, (Charamicos side). Any motoconcho will be able to get you there.

Have fun!

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
La Profe - Do you know what time the churches normally have Mass on Sunday mornings? Also, do they have Saturday evening Mass?

Should the nativity scene still be up in POP New Year's Eve?

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
Mass Times

The Nativity Scene should still be up since liturgically the Christmas Season runs to the Feast of the Epiphany which is January 6 here.

Mass times?

It depends on where you are...

I can find out about Sos?a.

The Cathedral in Puerto Plata has Mass on Sundays at 8 and 10. There is a Saturday Vigil Mass at 5:30 PM.

If you will be in the Playa Dorada, the Mass is at 11:30 at the Puerto Plata Village Hotel.

Hope this helps,

LP

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
We will be in Sosua and planned on going to the Charmicos church, But if it's worth going to POP to see the nativity scene, we will go there. Thanks for the info.

I think someone said a while back that I should wear something on my head.