Snorkeling with North Coast Divers

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
Snorkeling is one of my favorite past times in the DR and I wanted to share the experience with my 5 1/2 year old grandson. We were all a little apprehensive about actually doing it though. Julian, with NCD, was his instructor and he was wonderful with Riley. He teased and talked to him and Riley felt completely at ease. He never took his hand off of him unless I or his mother was with him. We didn't worry at all and were free to enjoy our own snorkeling. I would highly recommend Julian for anyone with children learning to snorkel.

Last edited:

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
scuba diving

Yes i agree, i have done half a dozen dives over there in Sosua. The instructors are ace with young ones and beginners. It certainly was one of the highlights of my holiday. Has anyone else done it - I used the diving tours in the plaza in playa dorada. felix and diego were their names!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I will say just one thing, Brad the owner (North Coast Diving) is a super guy and runs a class act. I would have NO problem sending people to dive with him.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
I am not entirely sure where 'north coast divers' is? Is it the one with a shop in the Playa Dorada PLaza.
If so that is the one i have used.
We have done several dives with them in Sosua.

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
I have heard nothing but good things about Northern Coast Diving and we are planning on taking their Seascape snorkelling trip to Rio San Juan and also their intro to scuba diving course as well. We'd love to take their open water diving course, but just can't afford it this year. Hopefully next year......

I emalled them a little while ago for information and they were very prompt in replying and sent me a lot of useful information.

Can't wait. Only 8 more days. I sure hope the weather improves, but hey, rain is better than snow!!!!!

Rose

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
So how did your trip go Rose?

Did you go scuba diving? Who were your instructors? Was the weather ok for you?

I am very jealous, i still have to wait 6 months for my next visit to the DR, but i will be doing it twice thhis year.

YAY!

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
We haven't been yet. We are leaving tomorrow. I am sitting here reading this board and not doing any of the things that I need to do (like packing) LOL.

I will definitely post about it when I get back though.

Rose

mjkalau

Dec 28, 2003
Snorkeling with North Coast Divers.

Read the post on this company from Dec. 12th.

Could someone please tell me were this is, or where the company is?

We are going to Cabarete and Sosua. Any info. about snorkeling would be greatly appreciated, including good tours.
With Thanks.
MJ

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Re: Snorkeling with North Coast Divers.

mjkalau said:
Any info. about snorkeling would be greatly appreciated, including good tours.
With Thanks.
MJ

http://www.northerncoastdiving.com/

Northern Coast Aquasports is conveniently located on the main street of Sosua (No. 8 Pedro Clisante Street), a short 2 minute walk to the beautiful beach of Playa Sosua. We also have a watersports Center in Hotel Sosua by the Sea, right on the beach and an outlet in the Mangroves Lagoon at Rio San Juan.

Tel: (809) 571-1028
Fax: (809) 571-3883
Email: northern@codetel.net.do

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
I did my certification with them 2 years ago, and all I can say is it was THE BEST!!! All the staff are helpful, fun, and accommodating. I was lucky as it was at a time when tourism was waaay down, so I had the instructor to myself. They even arranged transportation to and from my hotel no charge.

You cannot make a better choice.