Cable Descramblers!!!!!!!

MONCHI8

Jul 9, 2003
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with cable descramblers in D.R. Do they work there? Can you get them there? and if so how much are they? I don't wan't to deal with satelite TV and their dishes. Plus the hassle of having to program a card every couple of months so I figured this was the best way to get pay-per-view channels. I would appreciate any info.

Thanks Ramon

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I guess it would depend where you intend to live. The cable in Sosua for example, don't offer PPV moview so a discrambler would be useless. I guess you'll have to wait untill you get here to find out what's available. Not even moved here yet and allready trying to screw the system are you. LOL

MONCHI8

Jul 9, 2003
Thanks Eddy

LOL about your comment. I plan to live is Santo Domingo and they seem to have a couple of companies that offer cable service so I'm surprised no one ever asked about descramblers before. It's not just for pay-per-view movies but for premium channels like HBO and Cinemax.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
The cable companies here just farm out a basic satelite package, which they themselves rarely pay for. Premium channels are down intermittently while they reprogram their cards, etc. In other words, they pirate the stations and you never know what will be on which channel from one day to the next. (it's fairly stable, but not 100% dependable)

They usually have one adult channel that is scrambled, but you can buy a descrambler for about 500 pesos for that one channel in almost any electronic store.

Juan_Lopez

Oct 21, 2003
ramon,

you really don't need the scramblers because as mentioned most plans include the premiums like hbo,tmc etc....

i live in moca and we get hbo,tmc,cinemax fox sports espn 1,2 and classic
and a shitload more that i can't remember..........

we have a filter for the sex channel that cost 200 pesos and our monthly bill is also only 200 pesos............

MONCHI8

Jul 9, 2003
PAY-PER-VIEW

Thanks everyone for your replies but now I have another question. Since the premium channels are included with different plans then there's no need for a descrambler box but what do you do about Pay-Per-View. What I'm interested in is seeing Boxing fights and other such events that are only broadcast in Pay-Per-View. I remember AZB mentioning he saw a fight on his dish because he has some hacked card but I don't wan't to deal with that stuff so what's another option?

Any ideas?

MONCHI8

Jul 9, 2003
Thanks Mr. Mike

I'm still talking about cable. Let's say Mike Tyson is fighting some other boxer how would you watch this in DR if you only have cable. I know that if you have a dish then it's no problem watching something like this but what do cable users do if there is no Pay-Per-View? Go to a Sports Bar?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Now THAT'S a GOOD idea. LOL
Besides, it's lot more fun watching a big event in a place with lots of people.

Last edited:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Generally in a case like this someone with a hacked sattelite card will record it on a low quality home VCR and it will be broadcast repeatedly on local stations that play pirated content almost exclusively, in between rented DVD's.