Phone Probelms

Loro1

Feb 23, 2003
Can anyone tell me if there are cell phone problems yesterday and today??...I have been trying to contact friends there and I cannot get through!!!

The cell phone is with Tricom!!

Please let me know!!

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I have been having trouble calling for a few days. My novia has a Tricom and just activated mine with Codetel. I try both and rarely get through.

I have used 4-5 different calling cards and all have the same results. I can get through sporadically if I dial direct from my cell?

laura h

Oct 1, 2003
ive had problems too - the phone constantly rings my end but not on the phone im called and vise versa. must be the dodgy weather conditions ...................... ?!

EddieW

Apr 15, 2002
I've been unable to get through from New York calling two different cell phones. One is on Tricom and the other is on Orange. It just rings busy. Is anyone else still having problems?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Orange

EddieW said:
I've been unable to get through from New York calling two different cell phones. One is on Tricom and the other is on Orange. It just rings busy. Is anyone else still having problems?

Cannot reach an Orange user using my calling service nor direct for three days now. I called a land line today just fine, so it must be a service issue.

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
I have had problems calling to a Orange cell phone and I sometimes think it is the carrier I am using here in Canada. I use Primus Long Distance (.17/min). Sometimes I have no troubles connecting with my husband - other times I have to call 10 times in a row just to get the phone to ring and sometimes I am connected to someone else's conversation!

My husband used to have a cell phone with Codetel and I was using calling cards and Bell Canada to call and there seemed to be less problems than I am having now.

A question unrelated to long distance calling:

Do the new Camera Cell Phones work in Dominican Republic?

Rosanie

laura h

Oct 1, 2003
i cant get through direct and with my card its hit and miss. i did manage to last night though after much trying. (to an Orange Cellphone )

i took my camera phone to the DR with me, but couldnt send or recieve pictures or use the internet from it - no GPRS services available.

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
I thought I was the only one.

I thought the problem was with the AT&T card I was using, the line kept breaking up and finally I couldn't get through at all. But for some strange reason when the person in the DR dialed the line was crystal clear.

EddieW

Apr 15, 2002
Well today I finally got through - sort of. First it rings twice, and I get a recording saying something to the effect that "This service is not provided on the global network." Whatever that means. Then I get a couple more strange sounding rings, then a pause, then it finally rings my friend's cell phone in Santo Domingo. Weird stuff. This is calling direct from my job in New York City, which uses AT&T as a carrier, to a cell phone in Santo Domingo, with Tricom as service provider.

I assume they're working out whatever problems they've been having, as yesterday all I got was incessant busy signals.

I LOVE DR

Jul 7, 2003
I have been trying to call from Canada for the pst three days and unable to get through as well. I hope they get the problem fixed up really soon.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Orange A-OK Today

I LOVE DR said:
I have been trying to call from Canada for the pst three days and unable to get through as well. I hope they get the problem fixed up really soon.

I finally reached my frend who uses an Orange phone. The connection was excellent and he said the local calls were OK the last week or so but some inbound long distance was bad, though not to land line (wired) codetel phones.

Maybe try again now.

laura h

Oct 1, 2003
i got the same message about "This service is not provided on the global network." i thought it was my mobile company messing my account about. recieved a call last night with no trouble. things must be on the up !

Apr 26, 2002
Funny thing. I have trouble reaching Dominican cell phones when I use an inexpensive calling card from the US. But when I call using full cost direct dial, I have better success. Wonder why that is?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
We have some problems calling inside the country. We find that where Orange had coverage before, now certain spots are just dead -- strange!. Also, messages are forwarded up to 12 hours or even a day later than when the message was left.

Codetel seems to be somewhat reliable, although we have a codetel phone in our office and I sometimes have to dial three times before I get through to our office.

We also still have one lonely Tricom phone - well, nobody is home on Tricom...