An Invitation to Send Us a Different Type of Trip Report

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Hi, I'm Keith R. For those of you who do not know me, I'm a long-time poster (since 1998) who has been made moderator of DR1's new Environment Forum.

For those of you who have visited the DR's eco-tourism attractions (Pico Duarte, Los Haitises, Bahia de las Aguilas, Lago Enriquillo, Cava de las Maravillas, whale watching in Samana Bay, etc.) or taken so-called eco-tours, or for people planning to do so during their stay in the DR, we at the Environment Forum would like to invite you to post in our Forum your review of the spot or tour you visited, so that others can benefit from your experience.

Perhaps in this way we can increase awareness of what's available in the DR, which tours & activities are worthwhile & well-done.

And maybe we can also warn people of poorly-conceived or -run tours & activities, fakes and/or those that, while professing to value the DR's beautiful natural resources & environment, are not actually run in a manner that is environmentally-friendly & may, in the long haul, hurt those very resources and the DR's chances for long-term eco-tourism success.

I would also be interested in hearing from people who have comments on the environmental friendliness of the hotels/resorts that they have stayed at. Many of the hotels now are thinking about getting certified as "environmentally-friendly" in order to attract tourists who care about such matters (so far more a concern for European tourists, it seems). Do the ones you have stayed at have a shot at such certification, or if they already claim to have it, do they measure up, in your estimation? Let us know at the Environment Forum here on DR1. We may even pass your comments & suggestions on to hotel management, see we can prod them into improvements where needed...;)

So, join us with your views & reviews!

Best Regards,
Keith