Boca Chica

U

Unni Hauge

Hi. We are a Norwegian couple who are going to DR in August this year. We will bee staing at the Coral Hamaca resort in Boca Chica. I would like to know if someone could tell me if the hotel is a long way from the center of Boca Chica, and if it is safe to walk there in the evenings. Last year we staed in Juan Dolio, and it was very safe to walk after dark.We are well experinced traveller. Thanks in advance.

T

Tom

The "center" of BC is a 10-12 block long street. leading right to the Hamaca. Contrary to what the hotel may tell you, it is fine to walk the streets of BC at night.

You may be approached by vendors offering their wares or services, just tell them no if you are not interested

Have fun and relax

Tom

P

Phyllis

Hi Tom, Perhaps you can answer this... I've heard alot about Boca Chica and hear it's a great place for single men to have "fun". Want about a single woman who enjoys the company of Dominican guys? Thanks.

I

I'll be there Saturday.

Boca Chica is a very "free spirited" village. Feel free to come and enjoy it's charms. There are discos that cater to both tourists and locals. The beach is beautiful and everyone is very friendly. There are numerous places to eat and drink. I'm sure you will find what you seek. The main business area of Boca Chica is really only about 6 blocks long with the Hamaca Hotel at one end and the Boca Chica Resort recreation area at the other..

T

Tom

Phyllis

I have never explored that option!! Seriously, there seem to be plenty of single female travelers in BC, could be they are just there for the sun, but who knows

Tom

J

Jim Hinsch

Sosua is better for single women hoping to hook up with the local men. Boca Chica is OK.

G

Guido

Boca Chica questions?

Came back last Tuesday from a three weeks vacation, partly in Boca Chica. Questions?

T

Tom

Phyllis

Suggest you ask Jim Hinsch, he spends more time in BC than people who live there, and can give you very detaile info for tourism, with accuracy from repeated visits, not one time opinions

Tom

K

Ken

Ive been there many times and have seen plenty of European Women having a good time with Dominican men. You will not have problems finding men there. You will have a lot of fun. Its lively and the people are great.

P

Phyllis

Thanks Jim/Tom, Appreciate your comments... seems like we have lots in common, email me and let's talk DR.