Any Dominicans in Boston?

Lissy

Nov 12, 2003
I'm from NY but live in FL but I know Boston is filled with Dominicans....my sister lived there for 6 mos too....and a lot of people here in FL that are Dominicans are either from Boston and/or NY. Soooo if there are Bostonians here that are Dominican you know there are some there...GO OUT!!!!

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
There is this Pedro guy...

...he is involved in sports and works in the Back Bay section near Kenmore Square. I hear he may soon be leaving town.

leo_DR

Dec 8, 2003
www.geocities.com
Porfio_Rubirosa, thank you! I don't live around those areas, but I will have to take some time to go to Lynn and Lawrence. I get homesick much too often.

Leo

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Many

Lawrence is Santo Domingo North.

On AA flights directly to Boston, they actually use Lawrence as their indicator for mileage - on the screen in the back of the seats. No joke.

Everyone within shouting distance - there seemed to be plenty of it - were going to Lawrence on that flight.

Jamaica Plain is heavily laden with Dominicans, many second generation in the states.

I haven't seen any stores or restaurants, but I'm sure they exist, in Lawrence almost definitely.

c

Festero

Dec 15, 2002
They are there

In Lawrence, MA there are some pretty "authentico/tipico" restaurants and stores. Some little convenience stores nearly resemble a colmado!

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Centre St in Jamaica Plain has several stores and restaurants. Rt 28 in Lawrence also has many. Chelsea also has some...in the center of Chelsea. Lynn used to be Sto Domingo north, but it is now more of a melting pot with Asians starting to dominate. THere used to be a tiny little restaurant off Kendall Sq in Cambridge off Main st just before you get to Mass ave. They had good tostones there. It was behind the projects.

In Boston proper...on Tremont st going away from the city...past Mass ave...I don't recall exactly how far...but there is a Sto Dominigo style supermercado..lots of beans...lots of Dominicans.

Last edited:

amalina

Aug 8, 2003
Lots of Dominicans in Boston, again just go to Centre Street in Jamaica Plain. There are shops, barbers, restaurants, travel agents, bakeries..the list goes on.
Also on Hyde Park Avenue the Taino Restaurant has good food and a DJ with up to date music. Even though there is alot of snow, it will make you feel close to home.

ElPulpo

Nov 1, 2003
lol

I use to live in Lynn and its packed with dominicans and ricans
now im in northern VA 10 min from DC n MD and I havent meet one dominican whatsoever and I hope to move to FL someday

rdelar03

Dec 22, 2003
Yo i just moved to lynn from NY

this place is dead .. leo so don't loose your time to visit this place
yeah there are a lot of dominicans all from BANI

loveleighmee

Dec 27, 2003
sightings in New Bedford and Fall River

There are lots of Dominicans and Puerto Ricans in Fall River and New Bedford. I live in Fall River Ma and I don't know of any Dom. owed stores but we do have a Dom. owed and operated restaurant.