Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 More Rain Related Deaths

Today's dr1 news summary has information on number of deaths attributed to Odette. Not included are two young boys crushed in their beds last night. Normally the two children live with their mother in one of those shacks you see along rivers. Because of the flooding there, the family felt the children would be safer with their father in his flimsy house in Charamicos (Sosua). Last night, a boulder undermined by all the rain rolled down the hill and smashed into the house, killing the two young boys sleeping there.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

How horrible! My thoughts are with the boys families and those who knew them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Unfortunately

Things like this happen al the time. So sorry to hear this Ken.
    I am sure that there are several more tragedies to be reported, especially in the South.

HB

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Unfortunately

Originally posted by Hillbilly
    Things like this happen al the time. ...
    I am sure that there are several more tragedies to be reported, especially in the South.

HB
    I'm sure there are, too. The poor generally live in areas that are dangerous in bad weather. When I lived in Samana, it was not uncommon to hear of the shacks build on the hillsides sliding to the bottom during the night, or collapsing around the sleeping family.