POP Shooting in bar

Dec 9, 2002
I was drinking in several bars in POP on both Friday nite and Saturday afternoon/early evening. Didn't hear anything about this though.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Gunfire at Crazy Moon in Puerto Plata

I was having Coffee early Friday morning with Tim Hall.

His cell phone rang and he was informed at that time that there had been a shooting at Crazy Moon Disco ( Playa Dorada) Pto.Pta.

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
That's more or less what I heard except that it was a shootout between Dominicans and that the bullet that hit de Canadian had gone through the victim fist. Kept in a clinic for a few days then transported to Montreal. "Resisting arrest ??" I have a problem with that. But then, I wasn't there.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Re: I can't beleive it

Hlywud said:
Dominican Babe, out drinking and carousing, you sinner, must have been with Escott.

Nope. Scott was the one doing the shooting. The smoke from the motoconchos finally drove him crazy.

All kidding aside though, if the above reported account is accurate, I hope the shooting victum is going to be ok.

Larry

Last edited:

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Not that I know anything of this incident.

But I get really annoyed at all the "the tourist was innocent, it must have been the dominican's fault" Not that I am saying any of you guys are saying that. And it wasn't his fault that he got shot, but the same thing could happen in the US or in Canada from a drug deal gone wrong.
I just get tired of it because I have lost count at how many times I was asked where some folks(tourists) could get drugs.
That is one thing I stay away from, I remember the old days (okay 1994-Balaguer time) when drugs would not even be mentioned unless you were in the company of those you absolutely trusted, even then it was still awkward. later (1997-Leonel) I went to the Puerto Plata Jail with a friend to take a visiting sheriff from minnesota on a tour of the facilities. We visited with the DNCD and there were 2 foreigners there who I had seen out two nights before hand, high as hell, that got caught in their hotel room. The night at the club they were the biggest thing on the mountain but when they got taken in they were crying for their mommas.
If you get involved in illegal activites no matter what they are you are taking a risk and you better be able to accept the consequences of that risk, otherwise get the hell out.

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
I Cant believe the amount of pistols I saw

I was amazed to see how many people in the DR pack heat. I took one of those orange colored taxis from Sosua heading to Sabaneta one evening, and by the time we reached near LAX bar in Caberette, there was a terrible trafic jam because some idiot double parked. All of the drivers were now forced to squeeze thru this tiny little space, so as murphys law would have it one impatient driver rubbed his bumber against another car that was facing the opposite direction. Both drivers stepped out of their cars and began arguying over whose at fault, next thing you know they both whipped out their pistols and began menacing each other. Being a former New Yorker and back seat passenger I immediately ducked. My cab driver thought my reaction was very amusing, so after a 5 minute laugh at my expense he reached under his driver seat, pulled out this big shiny piece and commented that as long as both of them are armed , no one will get hurt. I nearly passed the f**k out, since then I seemed to notice everyone that packed a pistol.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2002
Re: I can't beleive it

Hlywud said:
Dominican Babe, out drinking and carousing, you sinner, must have been with Escott.
I drink and carouse all the time - even doing it now I'm back in the freezing fog of home:bunny: :bunny:

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
I can't believe I haven't seen any pistols

After travelling to the Dominican Republic twice, for both one and two weeks I find it quite bizarre that during both of these vacations I've never noticed anyone with a gun. I may be a bit naive but I will be sure to pay extra close attention on this next trip to see what I can find. lol