Maybe We Will Have Hurricane Wanda

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
A week ago, who would have thought that we would have a hurricane Wanda this year. After all, the hurricane season was over. Right?

But then appeared tropical storm Odette, just missing hurricane classification before coming ashore on the south coast. And now we have tropical storm Peter. It's far from us and unlikely to bother anyone. But just the fact we have the second tropical storm in a week makes one wonder when the season will really end.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT21/refresh/AL2103W+GIF/091458W.gif

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Could it be that the Weather & Beyond forum has been so popular since its release this year that so many new storms want to make it into DR1?;)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There certainly is reason to argue that. First year for the forum, first year for storms so late in year.

I suggest that dr1 include an item in tomorrow's news summary taking credit for the bad weather in December.

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Weather in Puerto Plata area

I see from the main news page that Puerto Plata was hard hit. What is the situation on the North Coast? Is it still raining?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Ken said:
There certainly is reason to argue that. First year for the forum, first year for storms so late in year. I suggest that dr1 include an item in tomorrow's news summary taking credit for the bad weather in December.
Hahahahahahaha! :: Extremely Evil Laugh ::

It's all part of Dr. Rob ... ah Dr. EVIL's ... plan to extort one hundred MILLION pesos from The Dominican! What? What did you say? Oh yes, I meant his plan to extort one hundred BILLION pesos from the Domican Republic!

A-haha-haha-haha!

Tom (aka Number One)
costumed-smiley-054.gif

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Longest Season in 51 years

With the development of Odette and Peter ... the 2003 tropical cyclone season is now the longest tropical cyclone season since 1952 ... a year in which the first tropical storm formed on February 2nd and the last one dissipated on October 28th. Ana became the first tropical storm of 2003 back on April 21st.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Or could it be all the hot air rising from the DR1 forums that is causing these freak conditions?

Chiri

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Weather History?

Is this right Tom? (With your penchant for weather matters)!
World News Agencies reporting that TS's Odette and Peter are the first storms to hit after the end of November since 1887??
By the way have you logged on to the Hurricane Advisory net? Quote: "This will be our last Hurricane/Tropical Storm/Cyclone report as the season has ended - back on watch in April 2004"!! And they were reporting on Odette a the time??
A rather wet, cold and waterlogged Peter. (I knew that I should have taken that trip to Dubai)!!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Re: Weather History?

Peter & Alex said:
Is this right Tom? World News Agencies reporting that TS's Odette and Peter are the first storms to hit after the end of November since 1887??
Actually, I will have to check Peter. I would think not. It would seem much more likely to see a TS or two in December, especially in the Caribbean, than in February as in 1951. I'll see what I can find out when I have a few seconds free here.

As to signing off at the end of November, guess they went on vacation juuuuust a little bit early!

Tom (aka XR)

P.S.
I can see the sea! The sun is out a bit! It looks, disorienting, discomforting, and weird. I want the clouds back! :: smile ::

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
XanaduRanch said:
P.S. I can see the sea! The sun is out a bit! It looks, disorienting, discomforting, and weird. I want the clouds back!

So it is you, Tom? I knew there had to be a little old nut on a mountain top pulling the plug every time the sun appeared, but I never thought it was you. Cease and desist!