Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sun shined today

Just thought I would report that normal weather could be back. The sun shined today in Santo Domingo!

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy It was Nice

Past tense. Looks like some more rain or showers around here Friday and into the start of the weekend, though, with another cold front.

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/HURRLOOPS/huirloop.html

Tom (aka XR)

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

What's coming is the cold front that caused all the trouble in the US a few days ago. It left Florida yesterday.

The Way Life Should Be...
    Post Thanks / Like

Cold front? Good riddance! Today was a "balmy" 37 degrees Farenheit. The 16 inches of snow are slowly sliding away into the lawn.

We did have two wonderful days where the sky was bright blue, landscapes crisp and white, and morning and evening twilights as pretty as a peach Bellini. Add to that sparkling frost, fog, the scent of evergreen and.....nahhh, I still want to be in the DR!!!!!!!

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Sorry?

Originally posted by MaineGirl
    Cold front? Good riddance! Today was a "balmy" 37 degrees Farenheit. The 16 inches of snow are slowly sliding away into the lawn. We did have two wonderful days where the sky was bright blue, landscapes crisp and white, and morning and evening twilights as pretty as a peach Bellini. Add to that sparkling frost, fog, the scent of evergreen and...
    Where was this snow?

In Nagua, Samana, La Romana, Santo Domingo? I missed it!

The Way Life Should Be...
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hehe

Representing the US, it's MISS MAINEGIRL, live from the snowy hinterlands, the best damn state in the Union, MAINE....

Now don't be an uppity Caribbean retiree. Feel the pain. I am balling up some snow right now to chuck at you.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

What's coming is the cold front that caused all the trouble in the US a few days ago. It left Florida yesterday.
    Any idea how long this cold snap is supposed to last? Not that it makes much difference, we're coming down anyway.......just curious.

Rose

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

So far plenty of sun today in Sosua.

Not all the cold fronts cause trouble. Depends on how much punch they have left by the time they get to the Dominican Republic. The Puerto Rico weather man says the front is quite weak and is not expecting much from it in there. Let's hope same is true here.

http://www.tormenta.net/

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I get back into Sosua on Sunday. Enough of this cold weather. Good thing I collected a lot of money or I would have truly regretted the 6 days in the cold.

58 degrees here today and bright sun. Not too shabby but another cold front coming in by the weekend.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Ken
    The Puerto Rico weather man says the front is quite weak and is not expecting much from it in there.
    Last night the satellite photos should a big clump of clouds and rain along the front over Haiti moving into the DR. This morning though it looks like it may have gone by without bothering us. We'll have to wait until the sun heats things up a bit this afternoon to know but at least there's some sun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast