Las Terranas

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Does anyone on this forum live in Las Terranas? Or know a lot about it? I am looking for a good international mix of residents, a beach, a reasonable rental ($300 a month) internet access, some Americans for chatter, beach, a solid Dominican community, public transportation to a larger city - does this exist? Should I go closer to the capitol? Thanks

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There is a mix of residents and a 30 km beach. Depending on what you mean by "larger city", limited opportunities. As far as I know, internet access is by dialup rather than DSL.

Only you know what you are looking for; I'd be inclined to look elsewhere. My wife and I lived in Samana for 12 years and now in Sosua. We prefer it here; life is easier and services are much better.

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Las Terrenas for $300usd a month

Try "Fata Morgana" and "Villa Delphi" in Las Terrenas, for about this amount, will rent you a room, but will not include Internet acces. Fata Morgana got DSL acces, Villa Delphi, dial-up only.
Do a search on DR1, for this two places, or on www.google.com for Samana and Las Terrenas.
Good luck!
WebDev

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I only spent a few days in Las Terenas. It was mostly French and Italians there. Didn't see many Americans or Brits for that matter.

I also like Sosua better. Couldn't wait to get back although it was good to visit and to see.

Scott

T

TiberiusMineola

Las Terrenas - Spectacula ! !

I, an American, lived in Las Terrenas ['LT'] part time for a few months, alternating with Puerto Plata. The mountains & beaches are breathtakingly beautiful. The ambiance is part Dodge City @ 1850; the main street is a lawless, hazardous Dominican zoo! Conseratively, 90 % of the roads are unpaved. The prominent French & Italian residents make the restaurants & ambiance different in positive ways. There are few Americans or Canadians. Cultural isolation may be a problem, especially after 3 - 6 months. Sosaul or POP fre 4 - 4 hours away. . A friendly, competent, & experienced American has been living in LT for 5 - 10 years - Bruce Pierson; you can reach him @ www.drparadise.com. He's a R E broker & owns residential property; he can upadte you on the R E scene. Good luck; it sounds like a challenging experiment.