The Chat Room

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I was out with a few DR1ers last week and the subject of the Chat Room came up. Last year we used to get a pretty good crowd, sometimes 10 or 15 people, into the Chat . Over the last several months though, it seems to have fizzled out. I say we should make an effort to revitalize it. 10 o'clock or so used to be the time many people would drop in. I am going to start popping back in on a regular basis. I hope some of you come.

Larry

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
You Larry "the boob"

Larry (ILoveDR) said:
I was out with a few DR1ers last week and the subject of the Chat Room came up. Last year we used to get a pretty good crowd, sometimes 10 or 15 people, into the Chat . Over the last several months though, it seems to have fizzled out. I say we should make an effort to revitalize it. 10 o'clock or so used to be the time many people would drop in. I am going to start popping back in on a regular basis. I hope some of you come.

Larry
Larry "king boob", maybe they know that you are there and they rather stay out!!!.
All jokes aside, I have tried going in but sometimes it does not let me go in. I have heard some people say the same thing. In the DR is an hour difference and maybe that's the reason that there is nobody late. I try every night (hoping that you are not there, jeje), and I rarely see anybody. Let me know at what time you will be there so I can stay out!!!!!!. laterz boob man.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Miguel,
If you click on the chat tab and dont get in, try clicking on your browsers back button and it should force you in. I'll bet you that works.
Larry

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
I tried going into chat last night and nothing, just a blank screen. Tried refreshing the page but nothing. I've only been able to get into chat maybe twice since I joined the forum. I always seem to get the same thing, so I don't bother with it anymore. Maybe it's a server problem. who knows?
Minni

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Minni we could see your name but you didn't answer our hellos. I guess we now know the reason.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
what time is the get together

I was in the chat room last night at 10:00 GMT but there was nobody there (or I didn't see them). Wouldn't mind chatting with a few of you though. Any GMT-time the gang usually gets going?

Regards,

MD

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We gather anywhere between 10 till midnight more or less EST so figure out what that is in your part of the World.

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
It took several tries to connect but I made it in their around 11 last night, only Anna and Mainegirl were in there though and they didn't say anything so I left.

Is there a secret to get in the chat on the first try? Sometimes I just give up.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
CW,
Do what I told Miguel to do. Click your browers back button when you are refused entrance.

*SMOOCHES* Larry

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Clip honey, sorry must have been while I was sending a picture to Amity and she was reading my email.

Sorry
Smooches

Jan's idea is great once I did that I've never had a problem getting in

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
Jan said:
After you finally enter try adding it to your favorites list. It works for me everytime from there. Before I did that I had a really hard time getting into the chat.

Okay, I'll try Larry's suggesting and yours too, but what favorites list are you talking about? Like I use Internet Explorer do you mean just adding it to my browsers favorites list or does DR! have a favorites list you're talking about?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
ClippedWing

You black diablita you ...

I always have the same trouble. Couldn't get in for a long time. I found on my system, anyway, that if I clicked 'Chat' then waited, I would get some error text. But after the page completed if I click 'refresh' on my IE browser I can get right in. It may be different in different browsers, but that works for me. Maybe Robert's upgrade to new software will fix that for 2004.

Cheers.

Tom (aka XR)