Traveling and Hotels - PC-SD-PP and back

kerschmi

Dec 17, 2003
Hi!

Since I'm from Austria I do have to fly into PC and I would like to travel around DR a bit. I will be going im March 2004. I would like to go the Santo Domingo, Boca Chica, Puerto Plata, Sosua or Cabarete.... and than back to catch the plane back home.
I do not want to hire a car.
I'm also looking for non AI Hotels close to the beach in the mentioned areas. The preferred price range for the hotels would be between 25 and 50 $. I like clean places if possible with a pool and close enough to the action (restaurants, bars...) to walk home drunk.
From reading through a few of the postings I found that one of the most frequented past times of singel male travelers like me is to hook up with the odd girl for the night. It's not my main plan to do so, but if it happens it would be nice to stay in a hotel that does not oppose to to that.
Still my route is not definitly planned out yet, so I would be most thankfull for your advice.
My main goals for this vacation are:
Get around the place and get to know it a bit
Find a (few) great beache(s) to hang out and relax
Stay away form the tall blond german/american surfer community
Eat great food - and lots of it
Get to know some Domenicans to chat with and brush up my spanish

Thank again for you advice

kerschmi

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
kerschmi said:
Hi!

I'm also looking for non AI Hotels close to the beach in the mentioned areas. The preferred price range for the hotels would be between 25 and 50 $. I like clean places if possible with a pool and close enough to the action (restaurants, bars...) to walk home drunk.
From reading through a few of the postings I found that one of the most frequented past times of singel male travelers like me is to hook up with the odd girl for the night. It's not my main plan to do so, but if it happens it would be nice to stay in a hotel that does not oppose to to that.

FIRST: Search the forums then SECOND: ask questions.

There are a million posts about low cost hotels, a million about girls and hotels, etc. And another million about intercity trasportation (buses vs. taxis vs. intercity planes, Metro and Caribe, and the Higuey - Santo Domingo bus express run, and on and on).

I would suggest though you don't hook up with odd girls. Try finding normal ones.

And reading between the lines I think you are asking to find hotels where you can have prostitutes come back every night and if that's what you want just say so, there are no shy people here that's for sure.

kerschmi

Dec 17, 2003
warm welcome

I really do feel very welcome to DR1 when the first reply to my first posting tells my that I'm a liar and that I should rather not ask any questions at all.
Thank a lot ricktoronto

All i wanted where suggestions, alternative ideas, input......

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Don't be sore............

kerschmi said:
I really do feel very welcome to DR1 when the first reply to my first posting tells my that I'm a liar and that I should rather not ask any questions at all.
Thank a lot ricktoronto

All i wanted where suggestions, alternative ideas, input......

But search the forums first. There are a myriad of posts on the subjects you were asking about, low cost hotels in various places for example, and hotels with "guest friendly " policies, etc. And you do mention 5 different cities so some basic research first would go a long way.

And for Boca Chica which has quite a large number of German
ex-pat's and one German restuaruant right on the main street, there is a web site devoted to just that city:

www.bocachicabeach.net

which a search would have come up with a few times for sure.