Inverter

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I just bought this inverter on the Street last night in Sosua. It doesn't have batteries but... Will it work during the time it takes the generator to kick in and the power is turned off?

Seemed like a good deal as I only paid 400 pesos.

Escott

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I wouldn't connect a 400 peso inverter to my electrical equipment! That you bought on the street?!!

But as long as it has autotransfer it should work. I'd get it checked out by someone who knows them well before you use it though.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
If I understand your question correctly, the answer is - Without batteries, it will not work, not even for 10 seconds. You need batteries.

And btw, someone stole an invertor from a neighbor of ours just about 6 days ago. I am not kidding!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Good afternoon. this is the Ivory Soap Drama Hour

Brought to you by Ivory, the soqp that floats, 99 44/100 percent pure!

Now to our drama.

Escott has purchased an Inverter, something a lot of people want but not everybody can afford. He bought it "on the street" which is Sosua-slang for "It fell off da truck!"

Back in the hills above Cabarete, a high class area inhabited by wealthy ex-pats, Chris is calming her neighbor----

"There, there Josefina, I know that the bad man took your inverter, but at least you are safe!."

"But Chris! We don't have lights and I have to give my children their dinner in the dark! And Rafaelito needs his medicine! "

Will Escott realize he has bought a stolen Inverter? Will Rafaelito die because his Mom can't see to give him his medicine. Will the children get to eat? Stay tuned for the final chapter of today's drama. And now a word from out sponsor.

Ivory, 99 and 44/100ths pure. It floats! Now back to the story....

Escott, through the miracle of the Internet, sees the news that a nearby person has been robbed of their INVERTER...Dum DA DA DUM!!!

Escott calls Christa. Christa calls Josefina. It is the same Inverter!!! The children eat, Rafaelito gets his medicine. All is well.

Fade to : :Silent Night, Holy Night

Fade to: Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells

Fade to: Oh Come All ye Faithful....

Tears

Yes, folks, today's drama, brought to you by Ivory, the 99 and 44/100ths percent pure soap, had a happy ending....;)

HB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Never underestimate a thread with a boring title

- it might contain gems like this one!

Chiri

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
Escott said:
Ok, I took a loss on it and sold it to some Dominican for 350 Pesos. If I can't use it and it may be stolen I don't want nothing to do with it.

My hands are now clean!

Scott
Clean - thanks to Ivory soap and nothing else...?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Hey, I used some bleach also! My hands are clean. I bought something I thought I could use, sold it because I couldnt and because it possibly may have been stolen which hasn't been proven at all and lost money. Hey 50 pesos means something ya know!

Scott

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Why did you not sell it to me for 450 pesos - I would have sold it back to my neighbor for 550 pesos - end of this drama is that my children get xmas presents - Josefina is back on the golfcourse doing her rich expat thing and Scott's hands need be dunked in cloro just one more time...

Yer supposed to make a profit ya know!

Btw Escot, which brand generator was that? And did it have a green X painted on the side?

Last edited:

Island Treats

Sep 5, 2003
SOSUALIVING.COM
Scott,
How many genuine Rolex watches have you bought on Canal Street in New York? Did you lose that circular I gave you from OFM? That 3.6 kw has run my household in Bayardo like a jewel for the small price I paid. I've gotten value for the price!