Hello DR1

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
My name is Bob H. (also known as the appleman). I figured it is time to quit lurking around this forum and join up. I have been to the DR twice and will be coming back in January to Sosua and Cabarete. I found this forum after my first visit and gleaned a lot of good information from everyone before my second trip. I am really grateful for everyone who contributes here. I never registered for DR1 earlier because I was not sure I could contribute much, but I now realize that I too, can offer my views and information about the DR to others. Even though it will be from a ?tourist? point of view and not a resident, some people might be looking for information that I can help with, just like so many of you did for me. So this is post number 1 ? I hope to have many more.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Bob/appleman, welcome to the board. Hope you will become a regular contributor of useful information for other lurkers and newbies.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hi BOB!

See Bob? Bob is pink!

Bob will be here in January and Bob will be RED!!

Welcome Bob and thanks for posting at last. Join in the fun. Have a drink or two with us..

HB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Welcome Bob. A tourist point of view (& experiences) is pertinent here as many of the 'lurkers' are just that - holiday makers coming here for the first time & needing of help. YOUR experiences will help them enjoy their holiday much more!! Some of us REGULARS have become a bit too Dominicanised in our view of the country & might not put it across as well as a 'Newbee'!!

I don't (& won't even TRY to) understand the "pink" & "red" code HB is talking about but if HE is buying, perhaps we can meet up next time you are down!! When ARE we going to get round that golf course HB????? - Grahame.

Martini

Dec 1, 2003
Excellent! Yes, I too hope to add many posts from my highly anticipated first journey to the DR! I have been to many places, but never to the DR. I am planning 2 trips there in 2004! I will be in Puerto Plata (Playa Dorada) with 5 of my best friends, and meeting 2 other groups from Canada there. We arrive on Jan 7th, and we're staying for 2 weeks. So if anyone wants to meet up for a few bevy's we'd be more than interested!

This forum has been a great asset for learning, and asking questions that one would only be able to learn through trial and error otherwise!

So thank-you to all! The "locals" as well as the "newbie tourists" sharing their point of view.

Cheers,
-Martini

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome. Yes Hillbilly, you are right, I am "pink" right now. Not too many beaches in the central Illinois "boonies". But I plan to take care of that from Jan.23 to the 30th.

WUD- I'll upload a picture as soon as I can figure out how.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
At least you're not too Green, newbie!

Whereabouts in Illinois? I am from Dubuque.

Tom (aka XR)

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Re: At least you're not too Green, newbie!

XanaduRanch said:
Whereabouts in Illinois? I am from Dubuque.

Tom (aka XR)

Nice place Dubuque- was there for a visit in October. I am right on interstate 80 60 miles west of the Iowa line. Hence, "the boonies", but I like it that way.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Thanks! I still think so, even from here ...

I've probably driven right past your place then dozens of times back and forth on I-80 between Des Moines, or the Quad Cities and Chicago in a previous life in the States. Small world!

Welcome to DR1!

Tom (aka XR)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Streator Il.,Birthplace of "Giants"!!!

Must be the Water in the "Midwest" that makes "Midwesterners" so damn smart!

Welcome "Fellow Illini" Cris Colon

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Re: Re: "Streator Il.,Birthplace of "Giants"!!!

Escott said:
I thought the water was what made you all so funny looking? LOL

You must be talking about Cris...We all think people from Streator are funny looking. Come to think of it, the water in the DR will do funny things too.

Cris if you ever come back to Streator, look me up.