job in DR????

Status
Not open for further replies.

farrierlady

Dec 19, 2003
Well... I didn?t really know where to put this thread, so I?ll try here!
I went on vacation to DR a while ago, and now I?m thinking about moving there. But I want to know more about jobs, where I can find them and what kind of work it is. Is there any internetsite I can visit that advertises about jobs??? If you know anything, please help me!!!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There are people on this board that may be able to offer suggestions if we know what your qualifications are. How fluent are you in Spanish? What languages do you speak besides English? Do you have a degree in some field? What type of work are you well qualified for?

farrierlady

Dec 19, 2003
Thank you!! Well, I can get around in spanish, but I don?t understand everything, and will study spanish now for 6 month before I evetually get down there to live. I speak english, german and all the scandinavian languages (besides finish). I?m working as a farrier now, fully educated with diploma and everything. I?ve been to school for 12 years totally, and been riding, competing and training horses and dogs for several years. That?s the basics about what I can and can?t!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Please use the email button below this post and send me an email so that I will have your address. I'll respond with the name and email address of someone in Santo Domingo who is very much involved in raising and racing horses in the DR and elsewhere. I suggest you ask him whether he thinks you might be able to find employment in the DR. I want to do it this way so that I can copy the person I'm recommending so that when he does get an email from you he will know what it is about.

Outside of your field, with your command of languages there is a good possibility you could find work in the tourist industry.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The "I need a job" get deleted.
I delete 3 or 4 of these types of posts per day.
I'll leave this one up to remind people.

Please do you home work, read this site, use the search function.
Then come back here and post specific questions and details.

Previous experience, Spanish knowledge, what you?re looking for and what you have to offer the DR.

Bottom line, it's very difficult to get a job in the DR unless you?re here networking and have a very specific and needed skill to offer.

The DR has a glut of bilingual, well educated people, willing to work for low income RD$ salaries.

Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.