Thank You, All, and Wishes for a Better New Year to Everyone!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
It's been a difficult week here at Xanadu.

Our home was broken into and robbed on Friday. This, about a month after an intruder with a knife was attacked and repelled by yours truly. Thursday I learned that my favorite uncle, my mother's brother, died Monday morning at 4:00 am in the home, my parents home, in which I grew up, and lived for 22 years. He was Best Man at my wedding 17 years ago. I am still trying to contact family. Today my wife, Alba learned that her uncle, who basically she regarded as her father, who had raised her for pretty much her entire life, was killed in a traffic accident yesterday in Santiago.

I sincerely appreciate the good wishes of the few DR1 folks that have learned of this and offered their kind words of support. It is a difficult time. It is not easy pulling up roots and living half a world a way from family and friends, speaking different languages, living daily in a mixing of cultures, as our family here does.

You folks make it easier. Thank you, all. Alba and I are still looking forward to raising a toast on the beach with our friends to a better new year.

Tom (aka XR)

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Wow Tom and Alba
So sorry to hear about all the shit thats happening in your life. I'll pray for your family that you can come through all these problems. I understand what your going through. You 2 hang on to eachother. Now its so important that you have eachother to get through all the bad stuff.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I am so sorry about the awful time both of you are going through, especially at this time of year, but that doesnt make your pain any easier. We're not arriving until14/16 Jan, but we'll be with you in spirit. Best wishes Barbara and En and son, Alex

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Can we help?

Dear Tom and Alba:

We are very sorry to hear about all your misfortune. Something like this is horrible at any time of the year, but it just seems to be even worse being so close to the holidays. At the same time, we are relieved to know that you weren't physically injured, at least we assume that is the case.

There is no way in which we can lessen your pain and suffering, but if there is anything at all that we can do to help, please do not hesitate to ask. I'm sure that there are many others who feel the same.

Take care,

Dianne & Danny

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I'm so sorry, Tom. It's been a bad year for a lot of fellow DR1ers and I'll be happy to kiss this year goodbye.

Take good care, you're in our thoughts

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
WOW

that's a rough stretch of road. I'm glad you're still coming by, hopefully as a group, we can lift your spirits a little bit.

Did the Vikings game last night help a little?

Dec 9, 2002
My sympathies Tom. There has been such a lot of bad news on the board lately. I'm sure both Alba and yourself are strong enough to pull each other through.

Take good care of each other.

Pat

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Tom

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope this week is much better.

According to Dominican tradition, bad stuff comes in threes so you got your dose and now it will be much better.

HB

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Damn dude.. sorry to hear about all that..

I'm back in Santiago, if you need anything from here, let me know..

Adrian

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do! Dr. Robert Schuller

Tom I often think Dr. Schuller's book when things are not going well. I am sure the new year will be better for all of us!!!!
Best wishes for a GREAT HOLIDAY season!!
John

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
XR,
I am so sorry to hear this. I hope things get better for both you and your wife and wish you and your loved ones all the best for next year.
Take good care!
S

maryanne

Mar 16, 2003
Tom and Alba,
I'm sorry to hear about everything that has been happening to the two of you. Keep strong and have faith that the New Year will peace and happiness.
All the best for a safe and peaceful holiday!
Maryanne

GlowWorm

Nov 18, 2003
So Sorry

Tom and Alba,

My deepest sympathies. If you need anything, anything at all, let me know.

Glow:beard:

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Tom and Alba - I am so sorry for both of you.

Tom - wish you had been at the house during robbery - you could have put 'em 6 ft under!!

Hope we can cheer you both up the 31st and glad you are still coming.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
JanH said:
Tom and Alba - I am so sorry for both of you. Tom - wish you had been at the house during robbery - you could have put 'em 6 ft under!! Hope we can cheer you both up the 31st and glad you are still coming.
Jan, so do I. It would have been him or me that was under to be sure. I work very hard for what I have and no one has the right to expect to enter my home with the expectation of stealing something - anything - without having to worry about leaving intact.

Originally posted by Ol' Joe Stew
Well, I'm not going to kill someone for robbing me, especially for material posessions. But thats how I was raised. Other people will put a bullet in you for taking thier wallet that have 20 bucks and credit cards you can cancel. Different strokes for different folks.
Sorry if that upsets some sensibilities here, but I was taught not to rob, steal, lie, and cheat. And if I did to not be surprised at the consequences of my actions. Material possesions? Please. When someone steals something that keeps me from being able to work to earn money to buy food for, and pay for a house, home, school, education, and medicine for my family and my children it becomes juuuuust a little bit more than a 'material' posession.

No one and I mean no one has a right to enter my home with the intent to rob me and my family of our hard earned posessions without expecting to die in the process.

Tom (aka XR)

Thanks again, to all of you! Things are slowly getting better as memories fade. I appreciate each and every one of you, and will be happy to buy all around (limiting CC to one standard sized person's round. I am not that wealthy!

Last edited: