Thinking about moving back to Santo Domingo

AmoRD

Dec 20, 2003
I'm a Dominicana living in NY since I was 10, and I'm seriously thinking about returning to the DR. I'm 25, graduated with a business degree (BBA) from a respectable college here in NY, and work for a major public accounting firm as an auditor (with 3 years of experience). Can anyone guide me as to where I can go for more information regarding similar career opportunities in Santo Domingo? I don't believe my firm has any offices down there......
Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
It sounds like having some friends in the right places are what you need to find a job. If you have any acquaintances here, why not renew those contacts and see if they can help? If you can land the right job, you can do well no matter what anyone else says. On the other hand, you might could try a long time without any success on you own.

You might consider looking for a job with a US company that does business here and perhaps would offer you a chance to travel here on business or even to live here semi-permanently or permanently. That way, if living here doesn't work out for you, perhaps you would only loose your home and not both your home and job at the same time.

Another note, if I were in your shoes and if money is an important objective in moving here... I would wait until after the elections to make any major move here and only do it if things seem to be looking up. Of course, there are always exceptions.