Political question

BeisbolPosse

Nov 21, 2003
Greetings to all--

In preparing for our February trip to Santo Domingo for the Serie del Caribe, came across some chatter on the Frommer's message board about concerns over political unrest in the DR, even the possibility of an attempt to overthrow the government. On my own, I've seen nothing so far to suggest this.

Is there anything to this? I don't want to needlessly alarm the group if it's baseless, but if it's justified, we need to know.

Meanwhile, here's wishing everyone a Navidad Muy Feliz and a Prospero An~o Nuevo.

G.

baseballposse.us/

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Come and enjoy yourself. The election for president is in May and people are focused on that.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
BeisbolPosse said:
...some chatter on the Frommer's message board about concerns over political unrest in the DR, even the possibility of an attempt to overthrow the government.

This is patently ridiculous and you are safe as anywhere, say Baghdad or Kabul.

I am not sure I'd trust opinions as to a coup d'etat from the Frommer's message board.

BeisbolPosse

Nov 21, 2003
Thanks for your replies. It sounds about as I expected.

Ken: We're all looking forward to this trip. Frankly, I can't wait for February to get here.

rick: It's precisely because I didn't trust what I was seeing on Frommer's that I brought up the question here. It's always best to ask the folks in a position to know. And some of our group have spent considerable time in both Baghdad and Kabul, so we don't rattle easily. I'm looking forward to coming back from a great trip and telling the nervous posters how silly they were.

g.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Then you have nothing to worry about

BeisbolPosse said:
And some of our group have spent considerable time in both Baghdad and Kabul, so we don't rattle easily. I'm looking forward to coming back from a great trip and telling the nervous posters how silly they were.

g.

(thumbs down icon for Frommer's posters)

You can safely tell them now they are rabble-rousing know-nothings. Seriously, that is just the most baseless crap to post (on any board) that if you call them on it you won't be wrong.

And I am pretty sure it is now at least 5% safer than B or K are today. Maybe 10%.