Hatuey Out

Apr 26, 2002
Hatuey is out! Peynado is out! The PPH has off'd two of the threats against it.

According to La Junta, a political party does not have the right to choose its own candidate. No tienen verguenza. And they won't have any shame in the upcoming Presidential election either.

Pib says "pray for IMF money." I say pray that Hippo leaves office peacefully and in a timely manner.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I am afraid this is a sign of things to come.
I have been saying it for a while here, Hippo will not leave without a fight. When you corner an animal, it has no choice but to fight with all means necessary to survive and thats what they'll do.
Despite a 50+% sympathy, Leonel has another obstacle to beat, a Junta Central Electoral controlled by PPH. As we all know, elections in the DR are won and lost at the Junta Central not at the polls, just ask Jimmy!!

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
I understand that Hatuey's candidacy has been voided but does that mean he can't run in the convention that was postponed? I would like to know if that's possible as that might be his only option. If he wanted to do this would the JCE allow it? I don't know but there is something fishy in the air. I have never trusted the JCE and this just shows that they are controlled by the PPH and that my friend is a scary thing by all means. God helps us in the next election.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Is there NO shame with Hipolito & his crnies??? How can the Junta Central missuse the law of the land in this way?? Okay, I know the answer to that, it was merely rhetorical!!! These guys have got more brass balls than the 3 brass monkies that sit on my shelf!!!

It appears to me that we are heading into another Dictatorship with Hippo at the helm of the PPH!! Is there anyway that we, the thinking minority, can bring outside pressure to bear on the Government to "THINK" again about their desires to re-elect this destroyer of human dignity? Is there no-one with the balls, backing & financial clout to stand against all this injustice, get rid of this paracite (PPH) & restore the Dominican Republic's pride??

PLEASE everyone that loves this country, say a few prayers for sanity to be returned to our politicians & ask that those who feed off the mis-fortunes of others get chicken bones stuck down their throats during this period of "goodwill towards all men". Let the mesiah of the Domincan Republic (whoever he/she may be) come to the forefront, be recognised & lead your people back to humanity again ........... PLEASE!!!!!!!

We need a leader with principles, a strong will & a BRAIN to rise up & take control of the country's future - IS there such a person around? Is there anyway that we could assist his/her passage to the Presidential Palace??

Apart from the usual heartfelt Seasons greetings to all DR1'ers that have become friends & family to me over the years, may I wish a Happy Christmas & prosperous year to ALL Dominicans for 2004. This will mean we are "Hippo-Free" - Hippo, Hippo RAY!!! - Grahame.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
peynado was hardly a threat against hipolito. his big mistake was not advising his followers to back pe?a gomez in the 96 elections.
this allowed leonel to win and effectively demoted the prsc from being the probable main party in opposition to what is now a lowly third party.
as we all know, peynado is also not in good health. most people know it is worse than the media, etc. will let on. this doesn't help in his attempts to oust estrella.
why hipolito and his cronies bothered to mess about with the prsc in the first place, is another thing, but it only served to put another nail to peynado's coffin.

although he has sufferred a setback with the jce fiasco, hatuey on the other hand, is a different story. he is, not only much more intelligent than the other prd candidates, but much more powerful as well. more powerful than even hipolito himself. it is no surprise that the pph controlled jce did what they did, but hatuey will come back. he is the only one that will prevent hipolito from running again (he doesn't have to be the prd presidential candidate to do this), and if by some chance hipolito does win again. hatuey will not permit that the next four years will be so smooth for hipolito.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
bochinche said:

although he has sufferred a setback with the jce fiasco, hatuey on the other hand, is a different story. he is, not only much more intelligent than the other prd candidates, but much more powerful as well. more powerful than even hipolito himself. it is no surprise that the pph controlled jce did what they did, but hatuey will come back. he is the only one that will prevent hipolito from running again (he doesn't have to be the prd presidential candidate to do this), and if by some chance hipolito does win again. hatuey will not permit that the next four years will be so smooth for hipolito.

Peynado has to realize he lost the fight back in 1996 by choosing a VP candidate that the owner of the PRSC did not want. Anyway you want to cut it, that was the biggest political mistake that buried Peynado and made it easier for Balaguer to pact with Juan Bosch.

HAtuey is, out of all political parties, the strongest and most consistent opositor to hippo and the PPH. If Hippo wins, the opposition will probably be spearheaded by him and not the PLD, who in my opinion have gone soft on Hippo. Perhaps because they dont want to hurt too many feelings within the PRD since they wont have an ounce of power over their white congress.