power cut on christmas morning !

laura h

Oct 1, 2003
we had the first power cut in the UK (south east London), that i can remember since i was a little girl, that lasted for about 25 mins on christmas morning. whilst everyone down my street was complaining about the inconvenience of it all it made me smile and think of the DR. the whole street was up in arms at something you guys there deal with everyday! it reminded me of sitting on the balcony in the dark with a presidente watching the world go by.

to add insult to injury, when the power came back, it knocked out the ignition on everyones boiler meaning everyone went without hot water for the day !

just thought it might make a few poeple smile that we "suffered" from it to !

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !

laura

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
When I was down your way in September (Peckham/East Dulwich area) there was a water cut that lasted DAYS. The council had to provide water tanks on street corners and people were lining up with containers. They also distributed drinking water. It made me feel right at home!

Chiri

laura h said:
we had the first power cut in the UK (south east London), that i can remember since i was a little girl, that lasted for about 25 mins on christmas morning. whilst everyone down my street was complaining about the inconvenience of it all it made me smile and think of the DR. the whole street was up in arms at something you guys there deal with everyday! it reminded me of sitting on the balcony in the dark with a presidente watching the world go by.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !

laura
The Presidente on the balcony would be a good idea if you could get one in the UK,

Power out, damn reindeer hit the power lines again eh!

laura h

Oct 1, 2003
dont think i could hack the balcony here (if we had one!) its way too cold and the neighbours arnt too friendly, doubt there would be many holas from passers by either - bah humbugs !

we wasnt hit with the water cut here as were under a different board but we do get regular hose pipe bans, anyone would think it doesnt rain in the uk !