Disc Golf Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

discgolfer

Jun 30, 2003
My name is Bill Dowell and I design and install Disc Golf courses in the U.S. I work with the Disc Golf Association and we are looking for locations to install new International courses.

Disc golf is played like ball golf except you throw a frisbee into a basket in the least amount of throws. You start from a T-box and throw your next shot from where your disc come to rest, just as in ball golf.

We have 1300 courses in and America and another 246 international courses with a 15% growth rate on this sport. Most courses are in public parks,school or camps. They are free to play and open to all. It's great to have an acre or more per hole but but 6 to 7 acres can make a sweet 9 hole course. 18 hole courses can be as large as you like. Rolling hill with spotty trees are ideal but many awesome courses are in thick timber.

If you can find the location I can help find the funding. Disc golf courses make wonderful community projects. I have worked on many projects with the Boy Scouts, Kiwanis and several differnt cities in the miswest.

If you are a civic minded person and would like to help bring this fun and healthy new sport to the Dominican Republic, that is enjoyed by people of all ages and will also attrect disc golfers from all over the world ,let me know.

Bill Dowell
319-752-3303 office
319-753-6271 home
golfinginiowa@hotmail.com
www.discgolfasso.com

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Wasn't this already posted once? I didn't respond because I don't think it makes sense for the Dominican Republic and suspect others didn't respond for the same reason.

I can see where this might go over big on a college campus in the US, but I don't see it catching on in the DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.