Mail service.

andres

Sep 1, 2003
Do they have home delivered mail everyday in the DR? I mean does someone physically walk around and deliver mail? I would think that not everyone would get mail daily,but if you did would it be delivered or do you pick it up?
I have tried to mail stuff there unsucessfully a few times.The recipients say they never got it. Is this a problem there?

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Mail Service

Andres sit down before you fall after this words.

The Dominican Rep. doesn't have mail service first than every thing stop sending stuff down there because the person that you are sending thing never will get it. The mail service always says oh the package or letter disapear at the airport custom. Thats the way it is work or Lucky will be your friend if get the letter or package but Open and some thing missing.

The best way is Fedex,DHL or a friend of you that is going to the Dominican Rep. The guys in this site might give you more info about Dominican Post mail Services.

Let me know when did you sent it and when he/she get it.

keep the faith

good luck

Homer Simpson

laura h

Oct 1, 2003
ive sent a mail over a few times and havent had a problem (yet !-normal post from the UK) though they do have to collect it. ive sent things recorded delivery too which will insure whatever your sending. my mail seems to get there in approx 2 weeks.

from what ive read on this site missing mail seems to be a bit of a problem though !

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Basically, Registered Mail usually gets through.

There are some expensives forms of mail that do get through. And yes, there are people walking around carrying mail. But the service is just too unreliable.

At first I had a PO Box. It worked, but then getting down town became a hassle.

Then I used EPS but that was rediculously expensive.

Then I used Lynx Air Int'l, but they left the country like idiots.

Then came the Internet and who needs mail?

For things like checks and stuff like that I have an account at Busness Mail in Miami. Everything goes to Miami. Cheaper for them and me.

However, you are probably sending mail to someone that doesn't know about these things, so go the Registered International Mail route and you should get most of the stuff through.

HB

T

TiberiusMineola

Business Mail - A-OK

I agree with Hillbilly. Business Mail [BM] opened in POP at @ the same time Lynx Air went out of business. I've been with BM @ 2 years; VG to exc. service. $300 / year, in POP, isn't dirt cheap, but the level or service & quality & attitude of the employees justifies the price. Very different from the normal D R business mindset.

philly

Feb 14, 2003
no problems with fed ex

i have sent various things from the US to Santiago via Fed Ex and haven't had a problem yet...

every time it arrived in a reasonable amount of time (2-4 days) and was delivered to the house by fed ex... nothing was ever missing either!!!