Puerto Plata fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad

Dec 27, 2003
Hello, I will be in puerto plata the fist week of Feb. and wanted to go deep sea fishing for the day. It sound's like the fishing isnt very good in Puerta plata, is that right? Is it worth the trip to Samana or other east coast towns? If yes, do you have any idea's on transportation?
Any info on Charters, fishing, transportation, etc. would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Brad

CanadianCutie23

Dec 24, 2003
Fishing on North Coast

Hey Brad,

I haven't used this service yet but we plan on going fishing on our next trip leaving tomorrow. Pablo emailed me with this link to his site http://www.aqua-adventures.net I will post about the experience when we return on the 6th.

Have a good new years!!

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
I went out for a full day with some friends last May, sorry to say this but unfortunately we didnt get a single bite all day.
(this was in puerta plata)
Obviously it might have just been a bad day but the weather was gorgeous and a few presidente beers still made it a good day!

TheArtMan

Oct 7, 2007
I just got back, not a bite all day. The water was a little rough. So could not even drink.

Any what did notice about fishing there is:
  • No other fishing boats. we were out all day and did not see any other fishing boats. Not a good sign.
  • No seagulls. I'm no fisherman but generally where you see seagulls you see fish. I didn't see a singel seagull there. I'm not sure I would go bach there to fish.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I just got back, not a bite all day. The water was a little rough. So could not even drink.

Any what did notice about fishing there is:
  • No other fishing boats. we were out all day and did not see any other fishing boats. Not a good sign.
  • No seagulls. I'm no fisherman but generally where you see seagulls you see fish. I didn't see a singel seagull there. I'm not sure I would go bach there to fish.

What boat took you out?
Did you charter it on your own or through the excursion desk @ your resort.
There is a guy named "Victor" that has been catching fish on a 31' Chris Craft out of Sosua Bay.

It's never too rough to drink, you just need a straw!

tambo'

TheArtMan

Oct 7, 2007
I chartered through Gone Fishing.

Let me make it clear though, they were very entertaining. They felt bad for not having caught a fish. They really did try to make the best of it.

As far as the drinking was concerned, I had the will, but not the ability to hold it down.

ILLINIFAN

Aug 23, 2007
What boat took you out?
Did you charter it on your own or through the excursion desk @ your resort.
There is a guy named "Victor" that has been catching fish on a 31' Chris Craft out of Sosua Bay.

It's never too rough to drink, you just need a straw!

tambo'

Any contact info on Victor?

Status
Not open for further replies.