whats up with phones????

E

Eva

I've been trying to call my mother in Moca, Dom. Rep. and i keep getting a signal. Can anybody tell me please whats going on with the phones.

L

Loula

Re: whats up/Internet???

I have (for about a month!)been sending emails to friends and at least one company in DR. No response... Would love to know what's wrong... By the way, the mails are to the Puerto Plata area mostly but also to the center of the island.. Please tell me if there's a logical reason for the breakdown. And if the lines are indeed broken, when they can be expected to get fixed. Thanks a million.

P

Pito

It is like everything else in the Dominican Republic, things only work half-ass....

M

Martine

I called Santo Domingo last night, no problems. The call went through on the first try, a bit of static, but that's it.

T

Tom

It's a "given" that internet service would likely be down in the DR if phone lines were, but if phones are down it is isolated.

I talk to a friend of mine in Cabarete daily and often to another in Santo Domingo every couple of days with no recent problems

Tom

D

Dan

Eva,

It might just be that the phone lines are congested and circuits are busy... This happens a lot especially if they have tricom. Some times it has taken me hours to get through to my parents who have tricom.