Is there a worthwhile private investigator in SD?

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I recently expanded my business operation from Santiago to SD by aquiring a small computer store there and transfering some of my inventory over there. Several days later (Saturday) it was robbed at gunpoint and the robbers seemed to have a fairly clear idea what they were looking for, like they were going down a list or something. They got around US$6k worth of inventory, along wit siome cash and checks, and I wonder if there is any chance of tracking it down, since I do my own importing most of the merchandise is unique/traceable.

i.e. items that only we sell, and Trace inverters with trackable serial #'s. I realise that stolen merchandise is usually dumped by thieves within 24 hours, but it seems like a decent investigator should be able to recover some of this stuff.

I do not want to entertain any false hopes of being able to consider this anything but a total loss, (with possible lessons learned) but does anybody have any ideas of how these goods might be traced?

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Mike I am very experienced in this field but only here in UK. You might make a start by looking in classified ads, both in English and Spanish, Check in any outlets that have ads for items for sale., this sounds like an input of some ex pat as it is so big, he or she might even read this. Look at how and by whom it was shipped in,!!! have they taken it back? and get word around these areas about a possible reward for info. Who did you tell about your new stock? who works for you that suddenly has money? Now theyve tasted the cream they'll be back if you restock. It was too easy. Alarms and dogs!! and put some dye inside your premises on poss security door only used when you lock up. Dont show any progress on this or any open page, there are eyes and friends of eyes everywhere. Shame I dont know the land yet Id love to get my teeth into this. Barby

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
As you well know Mike, going to the police is a complete waste of time. Throwing a few pesos around in the local barrios can sometimes be more effective in digging up info.

An inverter as an easy item to sell right now, I'm sure they will have no problem passing them on.

I would put it down as a learning experience and a claim on your insurance.

Marlin Hunter

May 18, 2002
If you will e-mail me, I will be glad to give you the name of a private investigator that did an excellent job for me in the past.