Who is Eduardo Estrella?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
I received an E card from this guy, complete with photo and some propaganda for Juventud Reformista, whatever that is. Has anyone heard of him, or have knowledge of whatever angle he's working? His seed has fallen on stony ground, but I'm just nosey. Stan.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Presidential candidate for the PRSC party (Partido Reformista Social Cristiano). Former senator for Santiago province and former Minister of Public Works in a Balaguer administration.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Eduardo Estrella

Nice young guy, lives a couple of blocks over from me. He is a relative to Guaro Estrella, an old Trujillo general. Don Guaro was pretty much the boss of the area around Santiago during the years of the Trujillo regime. However, he did not leave a lot of money behind. But Eduardo met just about everyone that mattered.

Any way, Eduardo went to school, got his engineering degree and has always been involved with the PRSC party. He was chosen to be the Public Works Minister during the last years of Balaguer's reign. Apparently he did a good job and nobody can say he robbed or "borrowed" anything from the state. In fact he still lives in the same little house he had before he was appointed minister, and his wife still sells Tupperware?. This is something that nobody in the PLD or PRD parties can say, since they have all "Moved Uptown" after "serving" the government....Before and after pictures of their digs would cause a riot of laughter...

As a candidate, he offers a slightly more conservative approach to economic questions, and would put an end to this borrowing. However, his party is split, pretty much leaderless and struggling to gain new acceptance as a political force these days. Previously, the PRSC was considered to be the 2nd force in DR politics, but with the death of Balaguer and the squabbling that is going on, it might not make it this time. The PRSC was responsable for Leonel's victory over Pe?a G?mez in 1996, but Balaguer considered that Leonel did not live up to his political obligations and told him that he would not back his party in 2000 and they lost by a lot. Now Estrella is trying to unify the party and get them back into action.

HB

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
HB,

So... one now wonders. How did he, or his group, get my e address and why? He didn't get your maple syrup.

One of life's little mysteries. Stan.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not at all

There are Dominican companies learning to send out spam as well as any people on the planet....

I got one too, and who would think a hillbilly would be voitng in the DR elections?????

HB

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Eduardo Estrella

honest guy. Tell that to Peynado who reckons that Estrella fixed the primary elections in La Romana to become the candidate for the PRSC. Also I never heard of a Reformista besides Balaguer who does n't accepts a bribe. The reformistas are famous for fixing elections. Anyway, everyone knows that Estrella is planted by Hipolito PPH to further his interests by spliting the PRSC.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Sounds to me like the PRSC(?) is 'shotgunning' the internet and scrambling for votes like any other runners-up would do to gain attention and possibly votes.

Can't tell, it might be a good move on their part. At least they are targeting the right social group, ie, those with money enough for the latest 'toys'!

Texas Bill

Re: Eduardo Estrella

Drake said:
honest guy. Tell that to Peynado who reckons that Estrella fixed the primary elections in La Romana to become the candidate for the PRSC. Also I never heard of a Reformista besides Balaguer who does n't accepts a bribe. The reformistas are famous for fixing elections. Anyway, everyone knows that Estrella is planted by Hipolito PPH to further his interests by spliting the PRSC.

I cannot say that I agree with you, however by using the same logic I could say that I have never heard of any peledeista o perredeista who does not accepts bribe (or "donations") without exceptions. But to be honest, I don't think my statement is true, there might be those, I just don't know them.

About Eduardo Estrella, I can say that you might be generalizing a bit. In respect with corruption, I would love to find anything questionable on the way he managed himself as a minister of the government.

About him being put by Hipolito, I don't beleive there are enough proves to that effect. The only thing was that Hipolito says so, but that does not make it true, as you say, Hipolito wants to split the PRSC, and by saying that he is definitely constributing to that. Besides, if the word of hipolito is so distrusted, why should we trust them when he said that.

Christian Corcino

stan chapman said:
I received an E card from this guy, complete with photo and some propaganda for Juventud Reformista, whatever that is. Has anyone heard of him, or have knowledge of whatever angle he's working? His seed has fallen on stony ground, but I'm just nosey. Stan.

Hi Stan, I sent this ecard. I am Christian Corcino, the webmaster of JuventudReformista.com. I appologize for any inconvenience that I might have caused to you or anyone who received the card.

I did not get your email from this forum, quite to the contrary, I got to this forum by your post, I was searching for juventud reformista and found this post.

Again, I appologize for the inconvenience.

Christian Corcino

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
I appologize for any inconvenience that I might have caused to you or anyone who rece

Mr.Corcino, be assured there was no inconvenience, only curiosity on my part. Thank you for the response, it reflects well on you and your party. Stan.

MrMike said:
Did you send the one I got too? Where did you get the emails?

Hi MRMike. Posibly I sent yours too, if it had JuventudReformista.com in the title.
Some people in my party go to my page and put their email list, to be hones I have a couple of ks of emails, I don't really know how I've got yours especifically. The way to get in my list is by registering on http://www.juventudreformista.com/docs/interactivo/registracionboletin.html

MrMike, I am sorry if I caused to you any inconvenience. If you want to be removed from the list, please reply to the email with the subject remove.

Thanks

Christian Corcino

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I don't really care one way or the other, I'm not as uptight about spam as some folks are.

I have considered mass mailing as a marketing approach myself, but as a method of getting votes for your party, I think you should stick to emailing people who have cedulas.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Christian,

I will do my best to get your server and hosting access shut down if you spam me again.

I wonder if the CANSPAM act can affect a dominican organization.

Build a list through responsible marketing. Not spam. Its disgusting, irresponsible and disrespectful of peoples time.

Adrian

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Christian Corcino,

The majority of people that frequent the DR1 board are expatriates. Most of the regular posters on this board do not vote in the DR. I think you will not find many voters here. I think you'll agree that to look for voters here, would be a waste of your time.

You are of course welcome to contribute anything else regarding Life in the DR. The one thing that most of us here have in common, is that we like living here or visiting the DR.

I appologize for any inconvenience that I might have caused, that was not my intention in the first place.

I understand that you do not vote, but it is really hard when you have a list of emails to know who does and who does not just by looking at it. I know that a percentage of it is of people who does not vote, but the majority of it does.

Again, I did not want to cause any inconvenience. I know how valuable peoples time is. I do not expect to get any votes by coming here and responding to this post, I just wanted to clarify and face the question that was posted, and that is exactly what I am doing now.

Please reply to your message with the subject remove, and you will be removed from my list.

Adrian, I am really sorry for taking your time. Just send an email and I will remove you from the list.

Christian Corcino

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The emails on this site are blind, so harvesters cannot steal them.
If your post your email address in a thread, then yes it's possible to harvest it.

Political parties spamming is very common here. I guess Codetel have no issues about selling their user database? Or, employees selling it...

Status
Not open for further replies.