Identification For 15 year-olds Accompanying Parents

Gregory Wales

Mar 7, 2002
www.mhhp.org
We've been coming to the DR from the US for five years with our children. Our children have not had to have more than a birth certificate for ID in the past (they've always accompanied us).

Does anyone know from experience whether airport personel in the US or DR are currently requiring picture ID in addition to birth certificate for 15 year-olds accompanying parents?

I know the rules have existed for years that 15 year-olds must have both picture ID and birth certificate if they didn't have a passport, but that's not my question. I'd like to hear from someone with current information on what they're requiring now.

Thanks and Happy New Year

Gregory Wales

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
February 2003

Have not flown with a minor since February of 2003, but this is what was required for my relatives that came with me.

4 Year Old Girl Traveling alone with Father: Original Birth Certificate, Notarized Letter from Mother permitting Child to leave the country, Fathers ID with Name matching name on Childs Birth Certificate.

15 Year Old Girl Traveling with Grandmother: Original Birth Certificate, New York State Issued Identification Card.

A friend of mine just had a wedding and her 11 year old niece that was traveling with both parents was required to have an Original Birth Certificate and a Photo Identification Card. Her parents got her an "identa-kid" card from the local police department. Unsure if this is available in all states or jurisdictions.

I hope this helps.