Bavaro Princess and RIU Naiboa

bld123

Jan 2, 2004
I spent 2 weeks at Riu Naiboa last year and really enjoyed the trip, this year we are staying at Bavaro Princess. Can anyone provide feedback on their experience at Bavaro Princess. In particular room, beach etc. Thanks in advance.

eastwest

Feb 3, 2004
bld123 said:
I spent 2 weeks at Riu Naiboa last year and really enjoyed the trip, this year we are staying at Bavaro Princess. Can anyone provide feedback on their experience at Bavaro Princess. In particular room, beach etc. Thanks in advance.

I am heading there next week- other postings on sites around the web are very mixed- how did you like it?

claudia g

Mar 1, 2004
bld123 said:

We have just come back from the Bavaro Princess......... it was fantastic!
It is an all suite resort, which is nice..... absolutely huge bed... tea and coffee making facilities... minibar, which is stocked up each day with water, pepsi and a couple of beers.

The main buffet restuarant is the Hispanola .. which is excellent and the staff are really great.... there is a fresh pasta station and one for fish and meat ~ which is in the main building. You have to reserve the other restuarants in the main building between 9-11(??) I think that those are the times. The restuarants are:

Licey -a la carte ($25 pp supplement)
Gaucho - was not really worth it
Bella Pasta
Sakura (chinese)
Chopin - buffet .... absolutely fantastic for that special, romantic dinner

The beach is fantastic.... clean, soft white sand and blues like you have never seen before.

You will need to haggle really hard in the Bavaro Plaza, if you do not like doing that the better place to go is along the beach..... coming out of the resort to the beach, facing the sea, turn left and walk about 30mins (with the water gently lapping around your feet) and you will find a great little flea market. In general you need to get the price down to between half and a third of the original asking price!

Have a fantastic time!!!!!
Claudia G

A very worthwhile experience.....