Jelly Fish Restaurant SCAM!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Now I have the attention of our resident Jelly Fish promoter "woohooboo" I'll continue.

Can you stop promoting the restaurant.

I am promoting their new restaurant and had taken some night shots.
http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27974

You photos of the menu set off my alarm bells.

I'm not sure which menu you saw, but I'm confused I was just there a couple of weeks ago and actually took pics of the menu. I was so impressed with the quality, quantity, and prices, I could not believe the value. This is the Main course menu.

http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28310

If you post again about "how good" the restaurant is, I will permanently have their name blocked on the board. Trust me, with 4,000+ people reading this site everyday this is not going to do their business any good.

If the owners of the "Jelly Fish" would like to contact me and discuss advertising opportunities on DR1, feel free. If they would like a "real" and not a bogus review of their restaurant, then we have a number of genuine people that I'm sure would be more than happy to give a real unbiased review.

My New Years resolution is to stop people/businesses piggy backing on our success, name and our advertisers dollars.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
I dunno, Rob, maybe he stumbled onto something here. How about a whole new paid advertising section in the DR1 media gallery just for photos of DR restaurant menus? I mean who among us on vacation has failed to take pictures of the menus along with the shots of the beaches and the local beach bunnies?

:bunny:

Tom (aka XR)

woohooboo

Nov 8, 2003
Scam it is not

I am a married, mother of one daughter, I have worked in Canada now for the last 25 years as a Restaurant Manager, I am familiar with the business and the difficulties that arrise here in Canada, and the struggles we as Canadians have during the first five years in the red.

Last year while on holidays I came across this couple from Santo Domingo, who had a vision of opening a restaurant on the beach, When I was there, the restaurant was not open yet. Although Gabriel the owner, took an interest in me because of my experience in Canada, and of course I took an interest in him and his dream.

So this year, I was able to return to the D.R. and choose Punta Cana simply because I wanted to see the Jellyfish Open. I was just as amazed with the menu as I was the Building in General. I don't feel the need to defend myself about taking pics of the menu. Everyone I know here in Canada was looking forward to seeing it open through my pics.

I would at this point like to thank you for bringing this to my attention though. about advertising here at D.R1. Wanda and Gabriel the owners of the Restaurant have absolutly no idea what I am doing. I have simply found a hard working Dominican couple that I connected with and wanted to help them out. They are innocent. It is my ignorance or knowledge of just how these boards work,

My quote that "I was promoting the restaurant". was possibly a bad choice of words to use. I am not a professional "promotor" of anythng. And in the modern world of technoligy I thought since I already knew of D.R1 I would mention it here. My motivation was simply emotional, I have done the resort thing, and never have I had the experience of meeting such wonderful people.

Since coming to D.R1 I have learnt alot about the country economiclly & culturally. I have come to realize that now travelling to the D.R there is really no need to do the AI, that I want to meet the people and experience the culture.

Again my apoligies for being so emotional over the experience I have had. I will stop with my assisting the Jellyfish on this board since they are not responsible for this misunderstanding.

Your commet:
If they would like a "real" and not a bogus review of their restaurant, then we have a number of genuine people that I'm sure would be more than happy to give a real unbiased review.

My response
It was a real and unbiased review, simply by me my friend, I am a genuine person.

Brenda

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dear Brenda

Thanks for clearing that up.

Robert is very weary about piggy-backing, and I don't blame him. there are tons of people that come to this site to find information abouit the DR., so I hope you understand.

Have your friends get in touch and you will see how the business grows good and fast.

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
woohooboo said:

Your commet:
If they would like a "real" and not a bogus review of their restaurant, then we have a number of genuine people that I'm sure would be more than happy to give a real unbiased review.

My response
It was a real and unbiased review, simply by me my friend, I am a genuine person.

Brenda

Brenda, if you reread your review with a completely open mind, I believe you will understand Robert's comments. When I first read it, I immediately concluded it was a promotional piece. Your explanation clears up the matter considerably, but I still wouldn't call you a completely unbiased, objective restaurant reviewer in the case of the JellyFish Restaurant.